MythVideo playback profiles

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mark_k
Developer
Great Britain

Re: MythVideo playback profiles

Post by mark_k » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:41 am

Popped my head out of the hole and noticed that I didn't add the matching change to FFmpeg. A couple of VDPAU fixes pushed to master and 31.

Try updating again:)

chunter2
Junior
Canada

Post by chunter2 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:27 pm

Just had a chance to try out the latest code and it's all working great now. :)

Thanks so much for the time you spent on this.

dagnygren
Newcomer
Finland

Post by dagnygren » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:42 pm

Hi there.

Seeing similar problem in my environment

The log message is:
W GLVid: New frame format: None:None 1920x1080 (Tex: 2D) -> VDPAU:ARGB32 1920x1088 (Tex: 2D)
and after that I will see a fallback to software decoding and additionally only the upper left quadrant of
the picture will be shown. Stopping the playback will additionally crash the frontend.

Restarting the frontend and resuming playback from previous position will work perfectly.

I am using minimyth2 and as I understand it the 0.31 version should be quite recent.
Version:
$ mythfrontend --version
Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v31.0-118-geb3c84d
MythTV Branch : 31
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 31.20200101-1
QT Version : 5.15.1
Options compiled in:
linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_vbox using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_v4l2prime using_v4l2request using_x11 using_libbluray_external using_xrandr using_drm using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl using_drm using_vaapi using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

Can you tell me if your fix is included in this version?
Anything I can do with the profile setting?