Rescan Woes --- solved!

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mengel
Newcomer
United States of America

Rescan Woes --- solved!

Post by mengel »

So we've just had a big channel movement kerfuffle here in the Chicago area, half the broadcast channels all moved;
After rescanning, neither channel 5 nor channel 11 would tune in anymore... After much googling, poking around, etc.
I had to go into the mythtv database, delete *everything* from both the "channels" and "dtv_multiplex" tables and
*then* rescan; now my channels all work and the schedules are all lined up. So I can only assume there was some
remnants of the previous stuff in the dtv_mulitplex table that was confusing things...

Maybe someone might consider having that "Delete" button in the mythtv-setup channel editor delete from dtv_multiplex as well
as channels?
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: Rescan Woes --- solved!

Post by kmdewaal »

Making the Delete button also delete the multiplexes is not a good idea. If you want a "medium clean" start then you can delete all the channels and because the multiplexes are still there you can do a Full Scan of all existing transports (multiplexes). This usually gives a good result. If you really want to delete all the multiplexes you can delete the Video Source and then create a new Video Source. Unless you run master this will however delete some recording history, such as the channel on which a program was recorded.
In the forthcoming mythtv v31 (now the current master) there have been a lot of changes in the channel scanning so the next rescan might go better.