[Solved] Scan for new music not working

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Scan for new music not working

Post by paulh »

I always want an up to date system so I would start by doing sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade or occasionally sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade but that may update more than you want. So you may have to do a little digging.

These are typically the MythTV packages installed mythtv, mythtv-common, mythtv-doc, mythtv-database, mythtv-backend, mythtv-transcode-utils, mythtv-frontend, libmyth, libmyth-dev, php-mythtv, libmythtv-perl, libmyth-python, mythtv-backend-master, mythweb, mythtv-dbg, mythplugins, mythgame, mythmusic, mythnews, mythweather, mytharchive, mythzoneminder, mythtv-theme-mythbuntu. You may not have all of them installed which is OK.

You could use apt-cache policy <package name> to see if a package is installed and what version you have and what is available. The important thing is all the installed packages are from the same version.

sudo apt-get install <package name> will I'm sure you already know install the package.

There is also sudo apt-get check which may flag any errors.

In my experience having different version of libraries and programs installed is caused by held back packages which may require uninstalling one or more packages before trying to update the held back package to allow the update to go ahead.
phackmann
Junior
United States of America

Post by phackmann »

It looks like mythtv-common was out of date. It scanned for music successfully! Thank you so much! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

You're welcome, glad you got it sorted. I'll mark this thread a solved 8-)