[Solved] How do I set the commercial flagging method to all in v30

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

necbot
Junior
United States of America

[Solved] How do I set the commercial flagging method to all in v30

Post by necbot »

I'm running MythTV version 30 and I don't see how to set commercial flagging method. In the wiki here..

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Commercial_detection

it says the setting is in Setup > Video > General, but these instructions are for version 0.25. I looked through the mythtv-setup menus and I didn't see it. Is it set in a config file somewhere?
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Re: How do I set commercial flagging to all in MythTV version 30

Post by wesnewell »

I think you just allow it in the be setup.If you want it on all shows, edit the default recording profile and check flagging in it. This could cause problems if you record many shows at the same time. Flagging takes a lot of cpu power.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

@necbot, the Wiki has been updated. Good catch. The setting is in the frontend, mythtv-setup won't help.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

I think there's some confusion here. There is no BE setting to set all recordings for commercial-detection, or even the type of detection. In the BE there's just a check to allow it, default is checked, and another to auto start it when the recording starts. Default is not checked, and I'd leave it that way if you intend to flag all recordings and you have more than 2 or 3 tuners. You set detection type in the frontend video jobs setup, And for each recording in the recording profile. At least that's how all versions thru V30 work afaik Maybe V31 will be different.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Could be, I'll update the Subject: line if the OP responds.

I read the question as which method of flagging was selected, as in 'Blank Frame Detection'
or in this case 'All' methods.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

If you want to flag all recordings. check the box on this profile and save it. Then every time you set a new recording......
Screenshot_2019-05-19_01-03-21.png
necbot
Junior
United States of America

Post by necbot »

Thanks for the feedback. The setting I was referring to was the commercial detection method (Blank Frame & scene change, All, etc. etc.). I see that this setting can be adjusted in the frontend and on my setup the default setting is already "All".