Tips for Successful Channel Scan with HDHomeRun

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MoisiePants
Junior
Great Britain

Tips for Successful Channel Scan with HDHomeRun

Post by MoisiePants »

Hello:

I'm running Myth29.1ish on macOS 10.12.6, with an HDHomeRun Connect picking up UK Freeview.

I'm having troubles collecting a full set of scanned channels in MythTV - could someone please guide me as to how to do this effectively?

At the moment:
  • The HDHomeRun control panel itself is listing a full(?) set of channels - currently totalling 153 including radio stations;
  • If I clear the channel list in Myth Setup and run a Full Scan, I end up with a varying result - often in the region of 60ish channels;
  • If I clear the channel list in Myth Setup and run an Import Scan, I end up with a fairly consistent list - but still missing a lot of channels listed in the HDHomeRun control panel.
Am I going about this in the right way? Should I be doing a Full Scan or an Import?

Thanks!
MoisiePants
Junior
Great Britain

Re: Tips for Successful Channel Scan with HDHomeRun

Post by MoisiePants »

Hello again:

Done a little more digging - as far as I can with a production machine that the wife's getting tired of - and here is a bit more information and more issues on this front:
  • After importing a scan and then doing a Full Scan in Myth, the Full Scan starts as normal for ~30 seconds - but then very quickly skips through most of the tuning options in <1 second;
  • After (I think) clearing the channels in Myth and doing a Full Scan a couple of times, I've got most of the channels showing up - but there are some aberrations:
    • Comparing the channel listing between Myth and the HDHomeRun web GUI, I see many channels correspond correctly between the two - but, for example:
      o Channel 59 is listed as ITV4+1 on HDHomeRun and as BT Showcase (but with ITV4+1 EPG data) in Myth;
      o Channel 61 has no EPG data at all in Myth;
      o Channel 62 is listed as True Movies on HDHomeRun and as ITV4+1 (but seemingly with True Movies EPG data) in Myth;
      o Channel 63 is listed as Blaze on HDHomeRun and as Community on Myth;
      o Channel 67 is present on HDHomeRun but missing on Myth;
      o Channels 68 and 69 are missing on HDHomeRun but present (but without EPG data) on Myth.
    HDHomeRun Channel Listing:

Myth EPGs:

The rescans were done two days ago, so there's been plenty of time for the OTA EPG to be picked up.

Any thoughts? Anyone else in the UK using HDHomeRun with a complete set of working channels?

Thanks!