See Channel on HD Homerun but not MythTV

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

johnvic
Newcomer
United States of America

See Channel on HD Homerun but not MythTV

Post by johnvic »

I am running a mythbuntu backend with an HD Homerun Dual for OTA TV. It is mythbuntu ver 14.04, mythtv ver. 27. The HD Homerun is on the latest firmware.

If I use the HD Homerun diagnostic program to look at the channels I see real channel 30, which is virtual channel 68. There are 3 subchannels, 68.1, 68.2 & 68.3. I am interested in 68.3 and I can watch it fine using the diagnostic program which launches VLC. I have done this from the mythtv backend PC.

When I do a scan on mythtv it says that there are 3 possible channels for real channel 30. But when I look at my channel listing I only see 68.1 & 68.2. I scanned it using Schedules Direct and EIT. Any suggestions on where to look to solve this? The system is working fine other than this missing channel.
johnvic
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: See Channel on HD Homerun but not MythTV

Post by johnvic »

One piece of info I left out. If I plug my antenna into my tv then I get channel 68.3 and can watch it.

If anyone has any ideas on why I'm not able to see channel 68.3 through mythtv then that would be great. Even a guess may help.

Thanks!
beck.fabi
Newcomer
Germany

Post by beck.fabi »

I got a similar problem. I am new to mythtv and I am using:
HDHomeRun Tuner:
Model: HDHR3-4DC
Firmware: 20140405beta1
(German DVB-C)
the latest mythbuntu 14.04.1.

I run the channel scan on the web frontend of my HDHR3-4DC I got 200 channels.
Entering the MythTv Backend Setup: Input connections/choose Tuner/ hit scan for channels: 13 channels were found.

If I hit the Fetch channels from listing source nothing happens.

It would be great if anyone knows an answer or could help me to setup the tuner!

kind regards,
Fabian
Crash
Newcomer
Denmark

Post by Crash »

Sorry for this late bump

I got same problem as beck.fabi
i've been searching the forum and web/wiki but I have not been able to find anything that could help me,

HDHomeRun Tuner:
Model: HDHR3-EU
Firmware: 20141124
(Denmark DVB-C)
the latest mythbuntu 14.04.1.

I hope someone can help me out.
beck.fabi
Newcomer
Germany

Post by beck.fabi »

Try the latest firmware on the SiliconDust Homepage: http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2484

Maybe you have to configure modulation and symbolrate at the Tuner, but first try the firmware update (should be 20150113beta2).

greetings from germany,
Fabian