[Solved] MythTV 30 HDHomerun capture card missing

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

j_keiter
Newcomer
United States of America

[Solved] MythTV 30 HDHomerun capture card missing

Post by j_keiter »

When I run mythtv-setup and go to capture cards add a new card, hdhomerun is missing?? I installed mythtv 30 on a different computer and card was listed in the setup. Wierd! I also noticed 'using_hdhomerun' in the mythbackend --version output. This is missing on the computer I'm currently trying to install on. Here is the output of mythbackend --version
Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v30.0-15-gb774c4140b-dirty
MythTV Branch : fixes/30
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 30.20181231-1
QT Version : 5.7.1
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xnvctrl using_xnvctrl_external using_libbluray_external using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vaapi2 using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame

Notice hdhomerun is not listed!
Last edited by j_keiter on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: MythTV 30 HDHomerun capture card missing

Post by bill6502 »

Looks like you're building from source (or your distribution had local patches in it.) See the -dirty
after the Version. If the libhdhr... libraries are present, then the HDHR must be manually disabled
at build time to get your result.

The library is one of those removed from the MythTV external directory. The distribution's library is
now used. For *buntu: dpkg -l | grep libhdhomerun . I'd guess that you don't have it or your distro
didn't build with it.

Ref: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Not ... te_Changes

I ran v30 and now run v31-Pre and my HDHR worked and works fine.
j_keiter
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by j_keiter »

I do show these hdhomerun libraries.
dpkg -l | grep libhdhomerun
ii libhdhomerun-dev 20161117-2 amd64 Development library for Silicon Dust HD HomeRun
ii libhdhomerun3 20161117-2 amd64 Library for Silicon Dust HD HomeRun

"HDHR must be manually disabled at build time to get your result." Any chance you could point me to a link to help me figure out how to check or change the disabled at build time issue you mentioned. Appreciate the help!

I'm running Debian and installed using this procedure: mythtv org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Debian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 9.8 (stretch) Release: 9.8
Linux optplx390 4.9.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.144-3 (2019-02-02) x86_64 GNU/Linux
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

May need to wait for a user of Debian and that Wiki. I've not used it.

You could go to <your source>/mythtv/mythtv and look for the configure script.

If you run ./configure, you should see the status of the HDHR switch. It's enabled
by default.

./configure --help shows: --disable-hdhomerun disable support for HDHomeRun boxes

Mine HDHR configure output line shows: HDHomeRun support yes
j_keiter
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by j_keiter »

/build/packaging/deb/mythtv/mythtv# ./configure | grep HD
HD-PVR support yes
HDHomeRun support yes
CrystalHD support yes

So it appears I should have HDHomeRun support but still not seeing HDHomerun in mythtv-setup capture card list.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

pull up your package manager and search for homerun and see if you have the libs and configs installed.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
j_keiter
Newcomer
United States of America

[Solution] Re: MythTV 30 HDHomerun capture card missing

Post by j_keiter »

Fixed! Solution upgrade from Debian Stretch(stable) to Debian Buster(testing). I now see the hdhomerun card in the list of choices in the mythtv-setup. Thank you all. Of course now I have issues with using Debian Buster testing. C'est la vie!
Last edited by j_keiter on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Goodey
Great Britain

Post by Steve Goodey »

OK to mark this solved?
Don't forget the Wiki.
mikech
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: [Solved] MythTV 30 HDHomerun capture card missing

Post by mikech »

I would like to keep this open because I am having the same problem in Fedora 29.
I had hdhomerun installed, but not hdhomerun-devel at the time of the update. I've since added that package and mythtv STILL can't find my tuner. I'd like to ask for help here before going to RedHat Bugzilla about it, though if you think I need to elevate it to their level let me know.
ccaudle
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by ccaudle »

I just noticed the same problem in Fedora 29. That should not be RedHat Bugzilla though, MythTV comes from RPMFusion on Fedora, not directly from the Fedora project.
I just entered a report in the rpmfusion bugzilla:
Bug 5179 - mythtv-backend does not have HDHomerun support
https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5179
ccaudle
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by ccaudle »

I did not search thoroughly enough and found that the bug had previously been entered and is already fixed:
https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5176
Not pushed out to the repositories yet. Maybe check rpmfusion-free-testing repository if you want it right away.