Cannot change the path for the DVD in MythArchive

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

klugja
Newcomer
United States of America

Cannot change the path for the DVD in MythArchive

Post by klugja »

I am using .30 from the PPA on ubuntu 18.04, after upgrading to .30 from .25.

The current setting is /dev/sr0, from my migration from my old version of myth.

If I go to setup->media settings->archive file settings->"location of dvd", it will not allow me to change the setting.

What happens is that if I type the path of the DVD I want to use, it always becomes blank when I tab to the OK button.

If I try to use the browser and go to the /dev directory, both /dev/sr0 and /dev/sr1 are missing (along with many other nodes), but when I do ls -l /dev, they are all there.

/dev/dvd is in the browse list, but when I select it by moving the arrow keys to dvd, and hit <enter>, nothing happens, and it does not appear in the text box. If I type in /dev/dvd, and then tab to OK, and hit <enter>, the text box changes from /dev to /. So how is this supposed to work?
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Cannot change the path for the DVD in MythArchive

Post by paulh »

Yeah I see the problem the filter used to populate the file list is missing QDir::Files and QDir::System. We'll have to clout the dev who converted the settings page to the new system with a wet fish :)

It'll be fixed shortly.
Steve Goodey
Great Britain

Post by Steve Goodey »

I've just done a clean install of Xubuntu 20.04/Mythtv V31 and am also seeing this problem.

It would seem that Changeset 5439651a2b in mythtv dated 19th Feb 2019 should have fixed the problem in V30.

Did this fix make it into V31?
Don't forget the Wiki.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

Fixes/31 does have the fix.

It could be something else. Do you see the dvd device in the file browser but can't select it?
Steve Goodey
Great Britain

Post by Steve Goodey »

Paul,
Thanks for responding to this.
Yes, that's what seems to be happening. In the image below I have dvd selected but nothing happens when I hit enter. The path stays as /dev.
On the file system under /dev dvd -> sr0

Screenshot_2021-01-21_22-17-14.jpg
Screenshot_2021-01-21_22-17-14.jpg (129.12 KiB) Viewed 565 times

As can be seen in the background to the image, Location of DVD is set to /cdrom, but on the filesystem that's /cdrom which is a directory in root. If I try to set it to /dev/dvd /dev/cdrom /dev/cdrw or /dev/sr0 it won't accept those paths, only directories.
Don't forget the Wiki.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

I see what the problem is while we can look for system files like the device files that represent dvd/cdroms the file chooser doesn't allow those to be selected for some reason! When you tell it to look for those it shows them OK you just can't select one of them.