UBUNTU MythTV- Unable to load channels on backend

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bcguy
Newcomer
Canada

UBUNTU MythTV- Unable to load channels on backend

Post by Bcguy »

I am using Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.13.0-38-generic x86_64) with mythtv from distribution install.

I have 2 separate purchased IPTV Subscriptions. These subscription work on Kodi and on Apps for iOS and android but I dislike that they do not allow series recording so I wanted to try MythTV.

One subscription with iptv-master .net does have m3u file for channels and a separate link for the EPG. When using the m3u I get one channel imported and an error message that m3u file is malformed.

The other subscription with www.iptv-subscription .ca does not use m3u file types.

I have tried to use conversion programs from IPTV Tools but these conversions also will not allow channels to import.

Are there other IPTV services with MythTV that I can load into the system that will allow these subscriptions to work?
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: UBUNTU MythTV- Unable to load channels on backend

Post by paulh »

Th IPTV recorder is a little picky about the format of the m3u file, it was initially created for use from a single FREEBOX source but has been enhanced to make it work with other sources but still needs work to make it work properly with some sources.

You might have to create your own .m3u file and point the IPTV recorder to that and then rescan your channels.

This shows the basic layout that Myth wants from the m3u file. I'd try with a few channels first just to make sure it works before spending too much time on adding all your channels though :)

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/IPTV_Encode ... .m3u_files