Change in idle check behavior between 0.27.4 and 29?

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bob.Blockerlundt
Newcomer
United States of America

Change in idle check behavior between 0.27.4 and 29?

Post by Bob.Blockerlundt »

I used to run version 0.27.4, and had set mythtv-setup > General > Shutdown/Wakeup Options > "Idle shutdown timeout (secs):" to 300. The help text for this setting says "The number of seconds the master backend idles before it shuts down all other backends. Set to 0 to disable automatic shutdown".

The old behavior was that every 300 seconds = 5 minutes, MythTV would kick off the "Pre-shutdown-check command" script (which I set to a custom script of mine). This was working fine, as I wanted my script to be called every 5 minutes.

The new behavior in version 29 seems to have changed. It is now triggering my script every 15 seconds instead of 300 seconds.

Is this a known issue or as designed? Is there a way to set things to get the old behavior?

Thanks!
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Re: Change in idle check behavior between 0.27.4 and 29?

Post by pgbennett »

This is the way it works now. This has the advantage that it can shut down sooner. In the old method if you returned false it would wait another 5 minutes. Now it retries sooner and thus can shut down sooner.

What I have done is simulate the old behavior in my shutdown check script. See https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythscr ... hutdown.sh lines 16 through 22.