Keyword search missing actors listed in prog. guide

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nomsft
Newcomer
United States of America

Keyword search missing actors listed in prog. guide

Post by nomsft »

I recently noticed that both keyword and people searches are missing actors that ARE listed in the program Guide. This may have been happening for years but I only noticed it recently when a movie I was watching had an actress who I was searching for. When I went back to myth, the actress was shown in the program guide but did not show any hits in the keyword or person search. In these cases the search hits may show other actors meeting the search criteria but not the one I was looking for IE: searching for Withers may show hits for Reese Witherspoon but not Googie Withers. There were other examples of this.

Is there a way to force Myth to re-index its database or am I missing something?

Are there any MythTV / MySQL related tutorials or should I just check out any mysql/mariaDB tutorials. I've used other database programs in the past, so I know the basic concept of relational databases but not the syntax.
nomsft
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: Keyword search missing actors listed in prog. guide

Post by nomsft »

In case anyone is interested:

I can definitely state that in MY CASE a keyword or person search is missing program entries in the
mythconverg database. This very well might be due to a misconfiguration error on my part and not a myth
problem.

The following is a very down and dirty look at mariadb and the mythconverg database.

mysql -u root -pRootPassword mythconverg // Open DB - same as mysql setup.

Basic Commands:

show tables ;
show fields in tableName ;

Tables Used and Fields Used:

PEOPLE
person // Unique number for each actor, director etc.
name // String

CREDITS
person // Linking field to people
chanid // Integer
starttime // datetime variable
role // String

PROGRAM ( Selected Fields From program )
chanid // Integer chanid and starttime Used
starttime // datetime to link credits to detailed program info.
title // String
subtitle // String
description // String

The following is a sample query which can be modified to add people or titles. In the absence of a mysql
frontend, I would suggest creating and editing queries in a text editor and then copy and paste it into
mysql. The query formatting is strictly for readability and to debug mitakes. The formatting is lost
once the query is run.

REPLACE people:name USING a period instead of a colin. The right syntax was treated as URL.

select people:person,
people:name,
credits.role,
credits.chanid,
DATE_SUB(credits.starttime,INTERVAL 5 HOUR),
program.title,program.subtitle from credits
INNER JOIN people ON credits.person = people.person
INNER JOIN program ON credits.chanid = program.chanid
where credits.chanid = program.chanid AND credits.starttime = program.starttime AND
credits.starttime > CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

AND (
people:name like "Julie%Christie" OR
people:name like "Ida%Lupino" OR
program.title like "%House%92%Street%" OR
program.title like "%Ass%Spy%"
)
INTO OUTFILE "/data/Listings.xls"
;

Miscellaneous Notes:

DATE_SUB Function is to convert GMT to EST.
The % character is a wild card when using the like operator.
The INTO OUTFILE section can be omitted if you want the results to go to the screen. I believe the
default location for the outfile is the mythconverg directory (/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg). The file
created is a tab delineated text file which can be imported into a spreadsheet program. I'm using the XLS extention to trick openoffice into treating the file as a spreadsheet file and not a regular text file.
In my case (FIOS) the real channel number is the chanid reduced by 1,000.
The last matching ( ) is necessary.

PS: mysql/mariadb is a lot of fun for people prone to working on fun stuff instead of what they should
really be working on!