Myth-Rec-to-Vid py

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dcrobertson01
Newcomer
New Zealand

Myth-Rec-to-Vid py

Post by dcrobertson01 »

Hi - I have set up a user job to run the Myth-Rec-to-Vid<dot>py script to move recordings into the video folders. It appears to run correctly, but I don't get any recordings moved - not that I can see. I'm running Mythtv 0.28 with updates on a backend, and have front ends on different machines.

Sorry about the weird format - trying to post this I get an error

Code: Select all

You can’t post image, email or url links. Please remove Myth-Rec-to-Vid<dot>py
so <dot> should just be a dot.
The user job is set up as so:

/usr/local/bin/Myth-Rec-to-Vid<dot>py %JOBID%
The mythbackend.log shows the job running:

Nov 28 16:33:50 mythbackend mythbackend: mythbackend[965]: I UserJob_2341 jobqueue.cpp:2410 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: Started Move to Video for "From Paris with Love" recorded from channel 2012 at 2017-11-26T07:27:00Z
Nov 28 16:33:50 mythbackend mythbackend: mythbackend[965]: I ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1730 (HandleAnnounce) MainServer: MainServer::ANN Monitor
Nov 28 16:33:50 mythbackend mythbackend: mythbackend[965]: I ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1735 (HandleAnnounce) MainServer: adding: mythbackend(1285980) as a client (events: 0)
Nov 28 16:33:50 mythbackend mythbackend: mythbackend[965]: I MythSocketThread(83) mainserver.cpp:7656 (connectionClosed) Monitor sock(1285980) 'mythbackend' disconnected
Nov 28 16:33:50 mythbackend mythbackend: mythbackend[965]: I UserJob_2341 jobqueue.cpp:2462 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: Finished Move to Video for "From Paris with Love" recorded from channel 2012 at 2017-11-26T07:27:00Z
However, if the video has been moved somewhere, I can't find it.

I've tried running the job manually with the id 2341, but get

You cannot perform meta updates/replace while deuping
Suggest you dedup first and then update/replace meta
If I run the script with deuping(?) I get a load of errors about TV shows I've copied off DVD's - eg:

Unable to determine desired operation for:
Monty Python's Flying Circus
The duplicate entries have different file names
Monty Python's Flying Circus/Monty Python's Flying Circus s2 e23.m4v
Monty Python's Flying Circus/Monty Python's Flying Circus s1 e1.mkv
which are not the same file names at all.

I currently have the script running with the --update flag .... but it is a slow process and I might have to kill it.

Anyway - has anyone got any hints as to what I should be doing. Do I need to modify the

# Global Constants

# Modify these setting to your prefered defaults
TVFMT = 'Television/%TITLE%/Season %SEASON%/'+\
                    '%TITLE% - S%SEASON%E%EPISODEPAD% - %SUBTITLE%'

MVFMT = 'Movies/%TITLE%'
- I have the recordings in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/ and the videos in /var/lib/mythtv/videos/ - which are, I think, the defaults?

Anyway - would like to be able to get transcoding (another story for another day) and moving videos to video running, so any help appreciated.

Cheers
Don