Jessie to Stretch upgrade and shutdown (and wakeup) breaks

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

akc42
Newcomer
Great Britain

Jessie to Stretch upgrade and shutdown (and wakeup) breaks

Post by akc42 »

I have upgraded my Debian Jessie to Debian Stretch (painfully - I cam back from holiday did an aptitude update and lost half my packages, not realising what was happening.). Now my mythtv-backend shutdown and wakeup has stopped working.

As far As I can workout (by adding --logpath to EXTRA_ARGS in /etc/default/mythtv-backed and then watching the logs for a while) my checklogin.sh script is never getting called. When I run sudo mythtv-setup it is definitely still there in the appropriate page.

I am not sure how to take the debugging of this to the next stage. Has anyone any ideas
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Jessie to Stretch upgrade and shutdown (and wakeup) brea

Post by bill6502 »

HI,

First: mythshutdown --check. Otherwise:

I'd add -v system,idle to your startup. Or do: mythbackend --setverbose system,idle if
you don't want to restart the backend. The 1st will tell you if the command is started
and the 2nd will show you lines like: "CheckShutdownServer returned - OK to shutdown".

Be sure to add the output of: $ mythbackend --version|grep MythTV if the above doesn't
help.
akc42
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by akc42 »

Sorry I didn't notice the reply and report back until now. I have busy on another project and I suspect the e-mail telling me there was a response must have gone to my junk folder.

Firstly, just running

Code: Select all

mythshutdown --check
responds with "OK to shutdown" even though I am logged in, so I am not sure what that means. I did manually run

/usr/local/bin/checklogin.sh
and that told me it wasn't OK to shutdown because I had been logged in for less that 10 minutes.

Secondly, I had been running mythbackend with a --verbose flag for sometime, I've altered it to "-v system,idle" and restarted, but a grep for "CheckShutdownServer" in all of the log files returns nothing.

The output of

mythbackend --version|grep MythTV
is

MythTV Version : 03f4403
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.28

I am getting this into my system from the following lines in debian

/etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org stretch main non-free
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org stretch-backports main
akc42
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by akc42 »

I guess my previous version of the command with the --verbose, but nothing following it just meant nothing went into the logs because after leaving the new version running for a but I AM now getting "CheckShutdownServer returned - OK to shutdown" type lines in the log.

I left the system to idle for 10 minutes with me logged out, and it did indeed shutdown. I seem to have cracked it without making any changes!!! - so not sure why that is the case