Clicking 'New Capture Card' Does nothing

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

atomiczach
Newcomer
United States of America

Clicking 'New Capture Card' Does nothing

Post by atomiczach »

Hello, first time posting here. I am trying to get MythTv backend installed on Ubuntu 16. I have installed MythTv backend version 2:0.29.0~master.20170608.f593e23-0ubuntu0mythbuntu4 and have setup the database and verified it is able to connect. I then open an X11 session to the computer this is installed on (since it is a headless server in a rack) using a command similar to: ssh -X username@192.168.1.103 /usr/bin/mythtv-setup in order to setup my installation. Under capture cards when I click "New Capture Card" absolutely nothing happens. Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong?
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Clicking 'New Capture Card' Does nothing

Post by bill6502 »

Hi,

Just tried it. There's (New Capture Card) at the top and New Capture Card at the
bottom in the Steppes v2.28 theme. Only the bottom one works. The MythUI here
has just been reworked. FYI, 0.28 is the official release at this time. 29-pre (or
what Ubuntu seems to report as above is in development.) I don't have a 0.28
host to test on right now and tested on v29-pre-507-g7d2be78.
natanojl
Developer
Sweden

Post by natanojl »

Can you try a later version? The commit after the one you are running have the new settings screens that has been worked on for a while. It would be good if you could help out testing that instead of the older version.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Jonatan, thanks, but I just did a refresh in the Theme Chooser and 2.28 is the latest
offered. [I really like the "glowing" subheadings by the way.]

Maybe it just hasn't made its way to the server?
natanojl
Developer
Sweden

Post by natanojl »

bill6502 wrote:Hi,

Just tried it. There's (New Capture Card) at the top and New Capture Card at the
bottom in the Steppes v2.28 theme. Only the bottom one works. The MythUI here
has just been reworked. FYI, 0.28 is the official release at this time. 29-pre (or
what Ubuntu seems to report as above is in development.) I don't have a 0.28
host to test on right now and tested on v29-pre-507-g7d2be78.
The first one (New Capture Card) is a button that creates a new entry at the bottom called New Capture Card. This is where you actually configure the card.

Maybe the button should take you into the editor directly but that is not how it works at the moment.
natanojl
Developer
Sweden

Post by natanojl »

bill6502 wrote:Jonatan, thanks, but I just did a refresh in the Theme Chooser and 2.28 is the latest
offered. [I really like the "glowing" subheadings by the way.]

Maybe it just hasn't made its way to the server?
I'm sorry Bill. My reply was meant for atomiczach but you happened to reply while I was typing. And I'm not the author of Steppes so I can't take any credit ;)
atomiczach
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by atomiczach »

Hi All,

Thanks for the quick reply! I am going to try this again with the 0.28 release. Do you recommend building from source or is the ubuntu repo ok to use for the .28 version?
natanojl
Developer
Sweden

Post by natanojl »

I don't run Ubuntu myself but I'd recommend it over compiling from source, unless you plan on contributing with patches.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Neophraz
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by Neophraz »

I've noticed on the last few installs I've done for Mythtv that the first time I add a capture card, it takes minutes to actually return. Don't know that you are having that exact problem, but I found that if I just left it, it eventually went to the input screen. Don't know why it takes so long or why it seems to improve after the first time.

I happened to be adding new cards and the two I added took almost 5 minutes to actually click through to the setup page after I clicked "add new card".

But at least it does work :)