tv_grab_zz_sdjson setup failure

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JeffDwork
Junior
United States of America

tv_grab_zz_sdjson setup failure

Post by JeffDwork »

I cannot get setup to complete using tv_grab_zz_sdjson.
mythtv, mythweb: 0.28.1+fixes:20170419.e26a33c-0ubuntu0mythbuntu3
xmltv: 0.5.69 (2017-01-23)
lineup provider: Schedules Direct
tv source: HDHomeRun Prime networked tuners

This is a new installation. I had everything working using the built-in schedules direct grabber. I wanted the better information in the json feed (correct season/episode) and tried adding the new source. Setup hung in connect source to input after clicking 'fetch channels from listings source'. I killed the process, resulting in a corrupt db.

I dropped and re-created database mythconverg and purged and reinstalled mythtv and mythweb. I've tried configuring xmltv outside of mythtv as suggested in https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Sched ... rect_Setup but nothing works - always hangs in the channel fetch. I run mythtv-setup as a normal user (not user 'mythtv') using -geometry option to get a 1/4 screen window.

xmltv config options:
cache file: /home/jeff/.xmltv/tv_grab_zz_sdjson.cache
channel fmt: 2
prev shown: date only
only one lineup
include complete lineup
*** Exited with status: 0 ***

tv_grab_zz_sdjson works fine from the command line.

Are there debug options for mythtv-setup so I can see what it's trying to do when it hangs?

Thanks,
Jeff
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: tv_grab_zz_sdjson setup failure

Post by bill6502 »

Hi,

mythtv-setup -v help will give you a list of options. For starters, I'd try -v system,channel.
Also note that with 0.28, you can add the loglevel, as in -v system:debug,channel:notice
etc. Using system should show you the command line for the grabber you're trying.
JeffDwork
Junior
United States of America

Re: tv_grab_zz_sdjson setup failure - SOLVED

Post by JeffDwork »

My problem was an improper installation of xmltv. The default directories for installation from source of xmltv are in /usr/local. The ubuntu package puts the files in /usr. I tried to install the new version of xmltv on top of the old one, but didn't get it right, so some old files remained.

I did
apt-get purge xmltv
apt-get purge xmltv-util
apt-get purge xmltv-gui
apt-get purge libxmltv-perl
and manually removed some leftover files from /usr
I then installed xmltv from source
mythtv-setup completed correctly.

thanks
Jeff