change from nvidia 1080p to intel UHD system , audio issues

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ibedonc
Junior
United States of America

change from nvidia 1080p to intel UHD system , audio issues

Post by ibedonc »

for years now I have been running a atom 2550 ion system with a external sound system in our bedroom and at night I turned off the HDTV so just the sound as background noise , this has worked great
now I have changed to a 4k UHD TV and a asrock J4205-itx system with is a 4 core Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU J4205 @ 1.50GHz and Intel i965 driver for Intel(R) Broxton - 1.7.3 video

I have all that working 4K at 60hz , when I turn off the UHD tv and get audio drop out with I never did with the nvidia system

any ideas why ? , I know the screen disappears from the config , is this just a intel video issue

remember I am not using the HDMI sound
perkins1724
Junior
Australia

Re: change from nvidia 1080p to intel UHD system , audio iss

Post by perkins1724 »

By audio drop out do you mean the audio drops momentarily and then keeps going? Or it stops and stays stopped?
If you turn the tv back on does the audio resume?

It is very hard to speculate as there is not really enough information in your post about your setup, specifically the connection path from J4205-itx system to tv, and the connection path from J4205-itx system to external sound system. Frontend log from startup, through turning tv off, then turning tv back on, then exit may help as well.

My best guess at this stage would be to make sure that all the CEC equivalent stuff is turned off in the tv even though you are not using HDMI sound.
ibedonc
Junior
United States of America

Re: change from nvidia 1080p to intel UHD system , audio iss

Post by ibedonc »

I just fixed this a few hours ago by creating a custom EDID and using kernel option
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=DP-1:edid/wet-edid.bin video=DP-1:e"

which overrides the TV edid and when it is turn off , the system does not see that