Cannot series record Jeopardy

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mikedpitt420
Newcomer
United States of America

Cannot series record Jeopardy

Post by mikedpitt420 »

I am trying to series record jeopardy, which is on in HD and SD at 7PM. However, it will only record one showing, because it sees the next day as "already recorded". How can I set this up? I'm sure I'm just missing a stupid setting somewhere....
rwagner
Developer
United States of America

Re: Cannot series record Jeopardy

Post by rwagner »

It sounds like your guide data is providing generic episodes, but not actually marking them as generic episodes, so MythTV is simply identifying them as repeats and ignoring them.
mikedpitt420
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by mikedpitt420 »

Yes, as far as I can tell you are correct. It doesn't seem to get any episode specific info. I am using schedules direct. How do I force MythTV to get this info? Or am I just forced to use a manual day/time recording? I really hope not. I am fairly new to MythTV and I LOVE it so far. This show was one of the main reasons for building the backed in the first place. As you cannot DL jeopardy anywhere. What can I do to change this?
jyavenard
Developer
Australia

Post by jyavenard »

you can remove the duplicate detection.

Set the duplicate detection method to "none" and it will record all instances.

You can limit how many it will keep, easiest I find is in mythweb edit the recording rule
Check the "Record New and Expire old" and just below enter how many recordings to keep
mikedpitt420
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by mikedpitt420 »

I did actually see those options, and I did check no duplicate checking. However, it doesn't show anything past today on upcoming recordings. I will let you know if that worked, but it doesn't seem like it will. Thanks in advance if it does :-)
rwagner
Developer
United States of America

Post by rwagner »

Where are you getting guide data? If you are using broadcast EIT, there is a good chance there is nothing past today in guide data. Most stations don't bother providing more than the FCC-required 12 hours.
mikedpitt420
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by mikedpitt420 »

I'm using schedules direct. It looks like I get a few days to a week worth of guide info.
rwagner
Developer
United States of America

Post by rwagner »

You should be getting two weeks of data from SD.
fphillips
Junior
United States of America

Post by fphillips »

Even if you had a few days of schedulesdirect listings, it would be good info that you could create a rule from. It sounds like you still have EIT enabled. In mythtv-setup, Capture Cards - uncheck "Use DVB Card for Active EIT scan" for each card. EIT and SchedulesDirect shouldn't be used at the same time.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

If you disable eit scan for every card, you won't be able to use it at all. You can disable eit on a per channel basis in in the channel editor. I think you can also disable it all together there or it may be somewhere else in the setup. That's where I disabled it and left the cards alowing it.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Here's my SD data: http://pastebin.com/M8EnyYcx

I just scheduled it (through the mythfrontend) and it works OK. I used "Record all showings" and the next 12 will be recorded. Note that you can edit the recording rule and add a filter for HD only (press m and select Filters.)

Note that you wrote 'Jeopardy' and there is one SD entry for that show. But I suspect you meant to write 'Jeopardy!'.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Maybe I should have responded in the "form of a question". ;)