Can't Tune Certain Channels

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zentec
Newcomer
Columbia

Can't Tune Certain Channels

Post by zentec »

Upon 0.28 upgrade, some MythTV Frontends (Including the one on the master) can't tune channels served by a HDHomerun ATSC tuner.

One slave unit can after going into Guide->menu->Change To Channel, but other slaves can not tune even after doing this.

Poured through the keybindings to make sure they were the same, and I am out of ideas. Logs and console messages from the backend and the frontend show absolutely nothing, as if the keypress were ignored.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Can't Tune Certain Channels

Post by paulh »

The logs are always your friend if something isn't working. Try increasing the verbosity on the running backend with something like

Code: Select all

mythbackend --setverbose channel:debug,record:debug
zentec
Newcomer
Columbia

Post by zentec »

The problem is that if I am watching a cable channel, pop the guide open, and want to watch an OTA channel, it tries to tune the existing Silicon Dust HDHR-3CC to an OTA channel, which it can't do. And it goes the other way, if I am watching an OTA channel and want to tune a cable channel (error ChannelBase[1]: Failed to find channel(780) on input (1) ), it fails in that direction.

I can force it to try an OTA tuner port by recording on the current cable channel, and then it will tune. But once I am there, I have to tie up both OTA tuners before I can get back to any of the cable channels.

So it appears, it assumes the tuners are all the same. This worked under .27
PhilB
Senior
Great Britain

Post by PhilB »

So you have tuners for ota and others for cable. Are they allocated to separate sources?
Phil
zentec
Newcomer
Columbia

Post by zentec »

PhilB wrote:So you have tuners for ota and others for cable. Are they allocated to separate sources?
Phil
Yes.
zentec
Newcomer
Columbia

Post by zentec »

I had to revert to 0.27 because the family was losing patience, and I wasn't going to go without watching football today.

I will load up a dev environment and see if I can isolate the problem.
jenos
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by jenos »

I have this exact same problem. I have an HDHR Prime for cable, and an HDHR for OTA. I can't switch to the OTA tuner, but it will do recordings fine. Using .28 per the CentOS7 current release. Is this fixed in a later build? Is there a repo I can add that will have it?
thanks-

Jeremy