not recording part 2!

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

amtrakuk
Junior
Great Britain

not recording part 2!

Post by amtrakuk »

Hi there.

I'm wondering if it is a configuration issue or such however ITV is always breaking a long film midway with typically a New bulletin and when the second half is shown the second half is not being recorded. I assume this is because the MythTV reports the program as already been recorded (Part 1 prior to the news). How can this be rectified without recording everything under the sun just to make sure the second half is being recorded.

Were getting a little annoyed with ITV using what I assume is the same Program ID for both before and after the news break and Myth assuming it is already recorded.

Thanks - Any suggestions welcome.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Re: not recording part 2!

Post by wesnewell »

Lots of ways to do it. But to give a good answer list program 1 title and subtitle and program 2 title and subtitle. If they are different, then it's 2 separate programs. Set both to record. If they are the same exact titles and subtitles, either extend the first one xx numbers of minutes to record past the end if you want to include thw news with it, or set the first to record all showings without checking for dupes. Or set the second to record and then over ride they previous recording.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
amtrakuk
Junior
Great Britain

Post by amtrakuk »

wesnewell wrote:Lots of ways to do it. But to give a good answer list program 1 title and subtitle and program 2 title and subtitle. If they are different, then it's 2 separate programs. Set both to record. If they are the same exact titles and subtitles, either extend the first one xx numbers of minutes to record past the end if you want to include thw news with it, or set the first to record all showings without checking for dupes. Or set the second to record and then over ride they previous recording.
Thanks, ignoring all duplicates if how I'm doing it annoyingly its recording the same film every day at the same time (due to keyword match). Annoyingly for the part 1 and part 2 they appear to be using the same title and subtitle so I'm sticking my neck out asking if there is a way to set an ignore duplicates over-ride rule of upcoming recoding for eg. 3 hours?

That would be the golden egg! So it will catch the first and second half (as both being shown within 3 hours of each other so dup rules detection does not apply) with the chances of genuine repeats (e.g. the same series of 6 films being rolling showings every day) being kept to the minimum (if at all) :D
mythbuntubox
Senior
Great Britain

Post by mythbuntubox »

On the rare occasion I am not willing to wait for a repeat a few weeks/months later, when they have stopped slapping the news in the middle, I just use the "Manual Schedule" option: proper VCR old school style ;-) Works though, especially since you are probably unlikely to want to re-record a film you have already seen.
amtrakuk
Junior
Great Britain

Post by amtrakuk »

lol - I've still got my Toshiba V852UK under the Tele for when I pickup a film from the Charity shop ;) Sadly the Sat Control is no longer supported by "comparable" Freeview boxes.

The reason for the OP was we love the Old carry on films so we have a keyword record for "Carry on". Naughty ITV1 ran a load of them but broke the film half way with the news and despite saying record everything (assuming a coverall eventuality) it annoyingly only recorded the first half :evil:
mythbuntubox
Senior
Great Britain

Post by mythbuntubox »

Just in case I was not clear enough in my reply above, I am of course referring to the "Manual Schedule" option in MythTV frontend and not just telling you to record using a VCR. Hope there wasn't a misunderstanding anyway. At least the tapes don't get chewed up when recording to a hard drive with MythTV :-))
amtrakuk
Junior
Great Britain

Post by amtrakuk »

No thats fine... I know what you mean. I'm a bit of an advocate for the old VCR - OK it may not be as clear as digital but there is that ritual of watching a film on VHS ;)
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

amtrakuk wrote:Thanks, ignoring all duplicates if how I'm doing it annoyingly its recording the same film every day at the same time (due to keyword match). Annoyingly for the part 1 and part 2 they appear to be using the same title and subtitle so I'm sticking my neck out asking if there is a way to set an ignore duplicates over-ride rule of upcoming recoding for eg. 3 hours?

That would be the golden egg! So it will catch the first and second half (as both being shown within 3 hours of each other so dup rules detection does not apply) with the chances of genuine repeats (e.g. the same series of 6 films being rolling showings every day) being kept to the minimum (if at all) :D
Use Custom record and set the recording to only work between the hours you define. Example: 'News at 10' is broadcast normally at 10pm but is rebroadcast a couple more times over the next 6 hours. I have my custom record set to record the program from 10pm to 11pm. Any broadcast outside that time frame is ignored. Scroll through the examples to find one that suits you, then edit it for whatever you want.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
amtrakuk
Junior
Great Britain

Post by amtrakuk »

I'll have a play.. That makes sense. Thanks ;)
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

Example.
program.title LIKE '%News at 10%'AND HOUR(CONVERT_TZ(program.starttime, 'Etc/UTC', 'SYSTEM')) >= 19 AND HOUR(CONVERT_TZ(program.starttime, 'Etc/UTC', 'SYSTEM')) < 23