mythtv will not use all available tuners on hdhomerun

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ponley
Newcomer
United States of America

mythtv will not use all available tuners on hdhomerun

Post by ponley »

I have searched here and was able to find a similar problem but the solution suggested is for cable and different reasons.

I have 2 hdhomerun3 units recording OTA so I should be able to record 4 channels at once. mythtv will in fact use all 4 at once for scheduled recordings just fine but if I am watching live tv and mythtv wants to start a scheduled recording I am forced to return to to the main menu or abort the scheduled recording.

Why does mythtv not use one of the 3 unused tuners for the scheduled recording? Can someone please tell me what I have configured wrong here?

MythTV Version : v0.26.2

Debian Wheezy
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: mythtv will not use all available tuners on hdhomerun

Post by bill6502 »

Hi,

Not sure what similar problem you're referring to, but:

Starting with 0.25, there's a Schedule order and a Live TV order available in mythtv-setup.
Ref. https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Not ... #Scheduler and see the Input Connections
screen (2nd page.) The values would be 1-4 and 4-1 respectively.
zakaron
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: mythtv will not use all available tuners on hdhomerun

Post by zakaron »

I had to do exactly what Bill was referring to. In the "mythv-setup" in the tuners section is where you can assign priority for scheduled recordings and live tv. Since I have an hdhomerun prime, I have 3 tuners available. I set the scheduled recordings to use tuners 3,2,1 in that order and live tv to use 1,2,3 in that order. That way each operation would start on different tuners. Sounds like you may need to do something similar.