MythWeb recording series

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rykr
Newcomer
United States of America

MythWeb recording series

Post by rykr »

Maybe I'm not understanding things but it seems like when I try to setup a series recording it's not actually doing it.

I go into listings in mythweb, find a show I want to record, click it. On the record page I choose new episode and this series to only record new episodes of this series. However the name shows the show and episode name. Like "The Flash: Rupture". It is set to record but when I look at upcoming recordings I see that the episode the next week is not set to record. It's almost like it's looking for a series called "The Flash: Rupture" instead of the series "The Flash". How do I do this?

Thanks!
daraden
Senior
United States of America

Re: MythWeb recording series

Post by daraden »

have you tried without the only new option? Are the episodes marked as new in the EPG data?
rykr
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by rykr »

They don't say rerun. I set the flash for tonight to record and selected new episode + series. Yet the episode that airs next week (does not say rerun) is not set to record. I'm unsure how to set mythtv to record all episodes of a given series.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Hi,

Be sure to mention your MythTV version, e.g. 0.28. It "works for me". The Flash just finished recording
and will record next week (would have, if I hadn't deleted the rule.) The Flash: Rapture is just the title: subtitle.
I chose the "Record at any time on any channel." option.

Also, mention if you're using Schedules Direct. I didn't use any of the filters.
rykr
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by rykr »

I'm using mythtv 0.28 and schedules direct. I didn't use record any time on any channel since I only wanted new episodes.
rykr
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by rykr »

Flash recorded for me tonight as well but next weeks episode is not set to record. The same is true of all my series recordings.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Ah, you mentioned: "selected new episode" initially, which would get only new episodes, but I
don't know what you selected in the "Schedule Options" section. Initially, " Don't record this program."
will be selected. The 'middle 2' will only get you one episode. Use "Record at any time on any channel."
You may want to select "This channel", but at least in my case, I'd want the scheduler to record the
program wherever it can.
daraden
Senior
United States of America

Post by daraden »

try as bill suggests with only Record at any time on any channel. If you look at the description at the end it will have something like (HDTV, Widescreen, Rerun) if NEW is not in this, the New episode filter assumes that it is not new and should not be recorded.
rykr
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by rykr »

Dang. That seemed to fix it. I'm so sorry. Reading the options again they make perfect sense. I'm sorry for the stupid post. Thanks again!