Input Connections for DVB-S with rotor/positioner

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dennisg
Newcomer
United States of America

Input Connections for DVB-S with rotor/positioner

Post by dennisg »

In 0.25 (running on ubuntu 12.04) when you defined an input connection for a DVB card that was configured with a diseqc rotor, it allowed you to create additional input connections for multiple satellites.

After upgrading to ubuntu 16.04 and Mythtv 0.28 on my day-t0-day PC (and linuxmce 14.04 and Mythtv 0.28 on my media server) it only lets you create ONE input connection for the DVB-S card.

I didnt see any reference to changes to how this is done in the release notes, nor can I find anyone else having this same issue.

I have tried dropping the mythconverg db from mysql and re-installing mythtv-database but it does the same thing.

Anyone have any comments/suggestions on how to resolve this?

thanks,
Dennis
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Input Connections for DVB-S with rotor/positioner

Post by bill6502 »

Just a comment: code.mythtv.org/trac/search?q=lnb may get you some
information. And check out the commit link here:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Not ... or_Changes
dennisg
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by dennisg »

Thanks for the reply...

Not sure the reasoning for the changes, but now it is twice the work to set up multiple satellites... define multiple cards then define inputs for each card...

Maybe the devs can move the functionality of the "input Connections' into the Capture Cards allowing definition of the input while configuring each card.
myso
Newcomer
Czech Republic

Post by myso »

Hi, I'm having a similar problem, with to my DVB-S2 tuner there is a Twin monoblock LNB connected. Under 0.27 mythtv I used to see 2 separate inputs, DVBInput#1 and DVBInput#2, whereas now using the latest mythbuntu distribution I only have one input which is impossible to map to 2 videosources. I have setup a switch with 2 LNBs under the respective capture card.

Unfortunately I couldn't extract any reasonable solution from the above posted links.

Looking forward for any advice.

Many thanks

Mike