XML mythfilldatabase

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Re: XML mythfilldatabase

Post by mythfreak »

How do I remove the dupilcates? I have at least 4 duplicates for every channel?
mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Post by mythfreak »

What are the credentials for this? http://mythbackend:6544/setupwizard/input-connections? I'm being prompted for a user and password. I've tried root, mythtv .... ???
mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Post by mythfreak »

I think I've gotten dumber than when I used to build mythtv boxes from scratch 20 years ago when you had to compile everything.
white_haired_uncle
Senior
United States of America

Post by white_haired_uncle »

You shouldn't be prompted for a password.

However, I suppose I should mention that in your case it would be mythtv0:6544 (or localhost:6544), not mythbackend.

Do you have a machine called mythbackend? Perhaps your ISP is doing something funny (annoyingly stupid) with DNS?
mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Post by mythfreak »

The machine's hostname is mythbackend as a backend and frontend. Right ... I used the ip address and not the hostname. I do have mythweb password protected but didn't try that.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

A prompt for credentials sounds like the old (incomplete/deprecated) Web Frontend. Can you confirm your MythtV version (mythbackend --version)?
mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Post by mythfreak »

This is not rocket science. netstat -ln reveals that it's listening on everything and I've tried localhost / 127.0.0.1 and I'm prompted for a user and password. I tried to run a channel scan from Mythtv-setup and it errored out saying cannot open card or something to that effect. I'm going to find scte65scan and go that route. Either that or kill my source and start from scratch.
mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Post by mythfreak »

Backend version is 2:31.0+fixes.202203040618.7e4ce1ba98~ubuntu20.04.1.
white_haired_uncle
Senior
United States of America

Sorry, my brain was on a different thread. I was thinking of the channel scan in the new web app, which is not in v31.
mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Post by mythfreak »

No worries. At least I know what direction I need to go in. In the meantime, many recordings are looking at SD channels now. I can do an override to the HD channel that is new to my list.
white_haired_uncle
Senior
United States of America

mythfreak wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:34 am
I tried to run a channel scan from Mythtv-setup and it errored out saying cannot open card or something to that effect.
That sounds like you're running something like a PCI capture card, and the user running mythbackend has permission to access it, but the user running mythtv-setup does not, though it's been many years since I had a PCI card and I don't remember if channel scan was actually run by mythbackend or mythtv-setup.
mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Post by mythfreak »

Yes. It's a Ceton 4 tuner pci card. What's crazy is that I was running Ubuntu 18.04 and I think it was version 30 of mythtv. Everything was working fine. After doing the upgrade to 20.04, I've hit brick walls at every turn. I couldn't compile the driver for the Ceton with kernel 5.4.0 but the nvidia driver was fine. So I took it down the 4.15.0-213 but then the nvidia-340 driver won't install so it's on nvidia-opencl-icd-340 but the ceton works. So I have to use opengl and not vdpau. I had issues with lircd; that's the only thing I knew, so I learned ir-keytable. Lastly, the whole channel debacle is because Comcast decided to duplicate the HD channels 8** to 14**. There are many folks not happy about that, but in my case I can tweak the rules that I have. Anyhow ... that's my sob story. I still want to be able to clean up the channels once I can run a channel scan. I don't want all those SD channels seen.
white_haired_uncle
Senior
United States of America

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but you can fetch your channels from SD instead of scanning the hardware. There's some info on the XMLTV page about how to filter out channels via the grabber, or you can set the channels you don't want to 'not visible' in mythtv (or just set priorities for HD channels, or schedule filters for HD).

In older versions when you deleted channels your old recordings would then show the channel as #10212 or something instead of WXYZ-HD or whatever, which just looks kind of ugly but doesn't hurt anything. Now, it will keep the data needed so that doesn't happen when channels are deleted, which means once you get everything working the way you like you could just delete all the channels and add them again "cleanly". I don't know if that "fix" is in v31. (I'm guessing you're on v31 because you're on 20.04 because of the driver issue)
mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Post by mythfreak »

I will have to do some reading. I've always been able to edit the lineup and simply run mythfilldatabase. That lineup is clearly no longer used.

There is a perl script on the wiki at https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV. Not running for me ... but that's another brick wall to get past.
mythfreak
Junior
United States of America

Post by mythfreak »

The channel table in mythconverg has 4618 channels!!!