[SOLVED]Channel Scan – Timed out, no channels

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

timmy527
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: Channel Scan – Timed out, no channels

Post by timmy527 »

You're a wizard Klaas! Jez, I should have been reading all the logs / dmesg , etc...

Just scanned and found 57 channels in mythtv-setup.

What to change:
================
1) Created the file /etc/modprobe.d/Hauppauge-WinTV-QuadHD.conf , with a single line
sudo vim /etc/modprobe.d/Hauppauge-WinTV-QuadHD.conf
1a) The single line to add:
options cx23885 dma_reset_workaround=2

Rebooted and ran mythtv-setup and the scan found the 57 channels first time.

Thanks much!

Tim
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: Channel Scan – Timed out, no channels

Post by kmdewaal »

Great that it works now! Hope it also works for Mike.
I could also have asked for the dmesg logs earlier.... but still, why it works with Kaffeine is a miracle.
Does it now also work with mythtv-v31?

In the course of all this I did actually found opportunities for improvement in the tuner handling, including a bit that I had missed when extending the dvb_v5 support for the mythtv v31 release. That will now be fixed in master so that is also progress.

@Mike, when this fix also work for you can you then add "[Solved]" to the subject line?

Thanks,
Klaas.
hutsmythtv
Junior
United States of America

Re: [SOLVED] Channel Scan – Timed out, no channels

Post by hutsmythtv »

Tim, Klaas,

Thanks much for the fix! Yes - adding that to the .conf file allows me to scan all of the channels that I have ever been able to receive. I have been watching Sunday night football for the past hour. I am struggling with XMLTV config and mythweb with this system setup. I have another hard-drive for this system. I may just run another setup, using the v31 pre-built pkg to see if that install scans (after the .conf file setting).

I so very much appreciate both of your efforts on this resolution. I did not want to have to go back to an earlier version.

Thanks again!
Mike
Tron
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: [SOLVED]Channel Scan – Timed out, no channels

Post by Tron »

This is what I love about this community: I just bought a used QuadTV PCI-E and ran into the exact issue Mike had. And the solution posted regarding the workaround for the module worked like a charm for me, too.

Just wanted to say "Thanks".