Upcoming Recordings suddenly blank -- Scheduler error?

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sebmyth
Newcomer
Great Britain

Re: Upcoming Recordings suddenly blank -- Scheduler error?

Post by sebmyth »

I seem to have the same problem in that I have no upcoming recordings and cannot schedule any; which all started after an upgrade of MySQL from 8.0.26 to 8.0.27. However when attempting to apply the workaround of zeroing any recpriorities in the channel table I find I have none; all the priorities are set to 0 already.

So short of downgrading MySQL I have no options at the moment. Unless someone has another cunning workaround? Perhaps there are more negative values that the latest incarnation of MySQL objects to.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

Any negative recpriorities in capturecard table?
sebmyth
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by sebmyth »

paulh wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:58 pm
No, all entries are 0, 1 or 2. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?
JamesF
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by JamesF »

sebmyth wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:23 pm
paulh wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:58 pm
No, all entries are 0, 1 or 2. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?
Is your error message identical, or is it perhaps failing on a different part of the query?

James
gigem
Developer
United States of America

Post by gigem »

I think the problem has to do with a change in how mysql implicitly converts booleans to numeric values. Please try the patch at https://pastebin.com/GqJ0EwyM to see if it helps.
sebmyth
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by sebmyth »

Is this patch going to be incorporated into the v31 updates? I don't have the facility to compile mythbackend set up at the moment; by the time I do (and get it working) that would be the best approach.
As to whether it's a different failure in the query I can't really tell. The error message in the mythbackend log simply says there's a problem with the query database operation in the AddNewRecords operation. It then gives me the query with no values substituted.
gigem
Developer
United States of America

Post by gigem »

It will only be included if it's proven to fix the problem. I already have MariaDB on my systems so can't test with MySQL 8. If you can't test it, someone else who can reproduce the problem will need to test it.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Tested on latest v32Pre devel/http branch. Program is scheduled and no error messages.
gigem
Developer
United States of America

Post by gigem »

Thanks again, Bill. I'll commit the fix soon.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

For any Ubuntu users using the PPA's both mythbuntu/31 (fixes/31) and mythbuntu/32 (master) have now been updated with the fix.
JamesF
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by JamesF »

paulh wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:08 am
For any Ubuntu users using the PPA's both mythbuntu/31 (fixes/31) and mythbuntu/32 (master) have now been updated with the fix.
This is looking good so far for me.

James
sebmyth
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by sebmyth »

Looking good for me too; recording has burst back into life. Thanks for sorting it out so fast and sorry I couldn't help.

I've only got the usual problem now where I have to clear table eit_cache every time the backend is restarted. But that's normal.

Rob
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Post by kmdewaal »

I've only got the usual problem now where I have to clear table eit_cache every time the backend is restarted. But that's normal.
Just curious, why do you need to do that?
MSorice
Junior
United States of America

Post by MSorice »

Scheduled recordings are back to working as normal for me as well. Thanks for the swift attention to this matter.

However, another problem persists. Namely: some other listings of recordings or programs result in endless "Loading" screens. "Loading" appears on top of the (seemingly) full list requested. These endless loads happen seemingly at random -- certain time slices on "Previous Recordings" as well as about half of keyword or program searches trigger the issue, whereas others work normally.

The frontend takes SIGTERM and closes seemingly without error when it reaches this state, but is otherwise completely unresponsive. Also, I'm not seeing anything of interest in the logs -- mysql/error.log & mythtv/myth{back,front}end.log all look totally normal. I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

I post in this thread rather than starting a new one as I never had this problem before, so I'm drawn to the conclusion that something related to the issue (listings blanked due to negative priorities) that arose at the same time is the cause here.
MSorice
Junior
United States of America

Post by MSorice »

I'm still seeing the endless "Loading..." behavior described previously with latest updates. Which lists cause it are seemingly random -- some totally blank lists will do it, even! Still nothing of interest in logs. Any idea how to start getting to the bottom of this?