Moderator: Forum Moderators
MythTV 31.0 (Fedora repository)
Hauppauge tuner card (PCI)
mythtv-setup channel scan crashes at 100% (after showing channels found) with the following output:
2020-09-06 13:30:20.023824 E [8912/9093] SignalMonitor recorders/dvbchannel.cppGetSNR DVBChan(/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0): Getting Frontend signal/noise ratio failed.
eno: Invalid argument (22)
Desired Services : tv
Unencrypted Only : yes
Logical Channel Numbers only: yes
Complete scan data required : yes
Full search for old channels: yes
Remove duplicate channels : yes
/usr/include/c++/10/bits/stl_vector.h std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::reference std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::operator(std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::size_type) [with _Tp = ChannelInsertInfo; _Alloc = std::allocator<ChannelInsertInfo>; std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::reference = ChannelInsertInfo&; std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::size_type = long unsigned int]: Assertion '__builtin_expect(__n < this->size(), true)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
This occurs even if I delete mythcoverg and rebuild the configuration from scratch. I assumed this was due to the known MariaDB bug but that is supposed to be fixed in 10.4.14 and everything else appears to be working. I have certain channels which will not lock on "Play TV" and which show no data in the listings. If recorded, no file is created. Other channels are fine, as are optical and file playback. Everything was working until recently. It was about the time some channels changed their format but the MariaDB problem showed up at about the same time. I don't see references to this problem so It is likely something specific to my system but it has eluded me so far.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
That the crash happens at 100% complete might indicate that this caused by option processing which is done after scanning.
You could try doing scans with different options, e.g. "Remove duplicate channels" to no, or "Full search for old channels" to no, and see if that makes a difference.
To investigate what happens I would like to have a full debug log of the complete scan, start this like this:
Code: Select all
mythtv-setup -v channel,chanscan,record,siparser --loglevel=debug
I would also like a gdb backtrace. Can you make a backtrace like this:
Code: Select all
gdb mythtv-setup <do the scan> gdb> thread apply all bt full
I turned all options off and it worked so I put them back one at a time and it appears to be the "Logical Channel Number Required" option which causes the crash. All of the others can be on. I am not entirely sure what that does but leaving it off appears to be an adequate work-around for my purposes. The scan got me all of my channels back. Is this something you would want to look into further, or perhaps I should file a formal bug report. It looks less like something specific to my system.
Thanks for the Help!