AddRecordSchedule

dvrhax
Newcomer
United States of America

AddRecordSchedule

Post by dvrhax »

Has anyone been able to utilize the undocumented AddRecordSchedule from DVR? I've been trying to get it to work but it takes a ton of parameters alot of which seem unnecessary but with very few being optional. What I'm struggling with are some of the parameters like station which aren't reported from the guide api. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: AddRecordSchedule

Post by bill6502 »

Hi,

I have used it. See this commit: [2865936] for some help.
GetRecordSchedule gets the full set of parameters, then you set those
you'd like to change.

If you haven't already found out, Station = Callsign from the guide.
dvrhax
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by dvrhax »

That helped immensly Thanks. Guess I need to stop reading the wiki and go straight to the source as its quite out of date. It still references an old GetRecordSchedule that only takes recordid as a parameter.
So for anyone else who stumbles accross this these are the parameters that need to be changed in the return of GetRecordSchedule to feed it back into AddRecordSchedule
recRule['Type'] = 'Single Record'
recRule['Station'] = recRule['CallSign']
PhilB
Senior
Great Britain

Post by PhilB »

Please please don't ignore the wiki. Improve it if is inadequate!
Phil
dvrhax
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by dvrhax »

Thanks again for the help. I've made some pretty decent progress thus far if anyones interested in checking it out I've set it up on git here https://github.com/dvrhax/pyMyth .
I've also made some tweaks to the wiki
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

Have you seen the existing Python Bindings?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Python_Bindings
dvrhax
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by dvrhax »

I've used it in the past for things with mixed success. Plus I've had things break after updating. When i stumbled on the services API I was intrigued and decided to play around with it a little. I feel like I got more done with the services api in a short amount of time than I have been able to with the python bindings. I also have some older machines that I use for doing embedded system development ie arduino and like that I can now use them to watch a show in the background while I work without having to have a frontend installed on it. I really like the new feature. Thanks for all the work on it.