Great support from TBS

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vidtek
Junior
Great Britain

Great support from TBS

Post by vidtek »

Just to let you all know, I Have had some really good support from the team at TBS.
I have an Hauppauge HR2210 and a TBS 6205 quad tuner. The team at TBS patched their driver tree to include the Hauppauge card, so I now have 8 physical tuners with my silicondust dual network tuner.
The new linux driver is on their download area now.
The quad hd T2 tuner is absolutely awesome, a great price and fantastic after sales service too from TBS.
Works flawlessly with Myth 0.27 with all the HD channels on T2.

I'm wondering if my sata 5tb hdd can cope with 8+ siultaneous recordings, anybody know what the limits are likely to be? I've only done 3 simultaneous ones to date.

Cheers, Tony.
Myth.32 Krnl. 5.15.0-73 QT5.15.2 ubntu 22.04.1 Intel i7-7700K GTX 1660 Nvdia Hauppge Quad tunerT2 HomerundualT1
Gary Buhrmaster
Junior
United States of America

Re: Great support from TBS

Post by Gary Buhrmaster »

vidtek wrote:Just to let you all know, I Have had some really good support from the team at TBS.
If they really wanted to provide good support for Linux users they would release their driver under GPL and upstream it (or contribute to/support the work by Luis Alves that has attempted to support his open source variation) so that there would no longer be these issues in the first place (and then again, and again, and again, and again).
vbcoen
Newcomer
Great Britain

SOLVED - Re: Great support from TBS

Post by vbcoen »

SOLVED -
Just installed a 6205 (in addition for the moment of a Nova T-500 card) with 12.04 as I am having real problems with 16.04 not booting correctly.

Runs Mythtv 0.27.

However the question what is the name of the card within the backend setup ?

Most options came back with 'Card not found' and only FREEVIEW did not but could not scan for channels.