HDHomerun Plus: Max Same Time RECs

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KuwaitiCrud
Newcomer
United States of America

HDHomerun Plus: Max Same Time RECs

Post by KuwaitiCrud »

Has anyone been able to record more than two shows at the same time? I had three going at once but my PC crashed and never recovered. Since then, I can only get a max of two simultaneous recordings. If you have more, can you please describe how it was done?
rwagner
Developer
United States of America

Re: HDHomerun Plus: Max Same Time RECs

Post by rwagner »

What is an "HDHomeRun Plus"?
stuartm
Developer
Great Britain

Post by stuartm »

It's another name for the HDTC-2US, the ATSC version with two tuners and built-in transcoding to H.264.

A whole machine crash means it's a kernel issue and normally I'd point at the device driver, but since the HDHR doesn't have a driver there's something else going on.

SiliconDust test their kit with MythTV and have confirmed that the 'Plus' was working with 0.27 with no modifications, but I don't know whether they tried 'multi-rec'. I'd don't know if they offer frontline support for MythTV, they certainly do if you get to speak to the engineers, but it might be worth asking them whether this is something they expect to work.
KuwaitiCrud
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by KuwaitiCrud »

Thanks. I had posted the same question at their forums to see if anyone else had tried. So far, one person tried to get three shows going but the 3rd would never record properly. I imagine the same probably happened to me when I did get three shows to record. It's not a big deal; I was just curious if anyone successfully did it and how.
Thanks again for the response.
a9erfan@gmail.com
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by a9erfan@gmail.com »

I'm also interested in having two HDTC-2U so I can record up to 4 shows. Please post here if you figure it out. I'm currently in planning mode for a few more months.