Hauppauge 950Q Not working [Solved]

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sdmatt
Newcomer
United States of America

Hauppauge 950Q Not working [Solved]

Post by sdmatt »

Hi,

I'm new to MythTV, and am trying to get my Hauppauge 950Q working with it.

I have added it via the backend setup, and have scanned for channels. At one point, I even had the OTA program guide loaded into it... but I have yet to be able to successfully watch live TV or record programming.

I know the hardware setup is good, as I had it working under Windows.

I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS.

Any tips you could give me would be great.

Thanks
Last edited by sdmatt on Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: Hauppauge 950Q Not working

Post by kmdewaal »

If you can scan for channels and if you get the OTA program guide data then your tuner is working correct.
It could just be that you still need to configure the disk space where to store the recordings.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

Make sure you have the firmware loaded.

Only help I can offer.
https://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Haup ... ng_it_Work
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
sdmatt
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by sdmatt »

kmdewaal wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:07 am
If you can scan for channels and if you get the OTA program guide data then your tuner is working correct.
It could just be that you still need to configure the disk space where to store the recordings.
At the minimum, which categories need to be configured? I set up the default and live storage groups.
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Post by kmdewaal »

Should be enough afaik. It could be a question of file access permissions. Mythtv is usually installed as user mythtv and that user should be allowed to read and write to the storage locations. It is easiest to allow read-write for all.
sdmatt
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by sdmatt »

kmdewaal wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:41 pm
Should be enough afaik. It could be a question of file access permissions. Mythtv is usually installed as user mythtv and that user should be allowed to read and write to the storage locations. It is easiest to allow read-write for all.
Well, now I'm getting somewhere. I manually created a folder and gave full permissions to everyone, set it as the storage directory, and now it's starting to work. So, it looks like it was permission related. The backend config tool didn't bark at me the first time around, so I didn't think this was the issue.

I'm doing my first test recording now.

Thanks!