Newer Hauppauge 1250,2250s not supported in linux (yet)

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BillK
Senior
United States of America

Re: Newer Hauppauge 1250,2250s not supported in linux (yet)

Post by BillK »

It definitely works. Check this out:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2241753
Gary Buhrmaster
Junior
United States of America

Re: Newer Hauppauge 1250,2250s not supported in linux

Post by Gary Buhrmaster »

Gary Buhrmaster wrote:If I am interpreting this http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media ... 84383.html post correctly, patches may be released in a few weeks (or so) upstream. That should allow people to build their own driver modules until such time as the code gets integrated into your distros shipping kernel(s). As always, your mileage (and availability date(s)) will vary.
The patches were submitted to the media tree by Steven Toth (kernellabs) at the end of March. You should be able to build the drivers at this point.
fphillips
Junior
United States of America

Post by fphillips »

The digital-only support will be in kernel 4.2 (mid-August). Besides saa7164, the new board uses the si2157 and lgdt3306a modules due to the changes in tuner and demod chips. The si2157 tuner driver would have to gain analog support at some point in the future.
ranknoob
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by ranknoob »

So far (much to my disappointment) no such luck with HVR-2255.. at least for my own capabilities. But then one has to also appreciate my username - "ranknoob" (rank newbie) having much to do with hardware issues in "Linux environments" ... and more so regarding OEM drivers and/or the need for recompiling/building such things... The name fits, and I'm not ashamed to say my level of understanding is still 'wanting'...
I guess I'll just 'hang out' till the release of (what I think I understand is) the approaching newer kernel version of Mythbuntu - with a hope toward support for these Hauppauge cards 'natively' - without 'massaging'. Once upon a time, I may be able to move to MythTV and not have to be a Linux hardware 'pro'...
In the meantime I guess I'll have to put up with the frustrating 'vagaries' of MS Media Center. :(
But in any event, now that Directv is gone from my home and I'm saving $115/mo. for the 230 channels I NEVER watched in the first place, I'm believe I'm still 'ahead of the game', even if it is 'flakey' recording on an OS that requires tens of system updates and patches each month. Which was all I wanted from a HTPC - simple OTA recording of broadcast DVB channels for 'time-shifting'. And if I could 'build it myself', being entertained in the process, what more could a retiree ask for..(?) Patience, I have...
JulioQc
Newcomer
Canada

Post by JulioQc »

Any news if and when the 1265 would be supported??
fastfred
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by fastfred »

Has anyone hear looked at http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/linux.html ? I'm looking for information on Mythtv & the Colossus card. Hauppauge site shows Ubuntu & Win Tv working on this card nothing I can find for Mythtv?
dochawk
Junior
United States of America

Post by dochawk »

this is still pinned, but the latest post is from seven years ago.

Is the status still the same? Or do these worm now?