Win TV-HVR-1265 NTSC audio problem

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackrippah
Newcomer
United States of America

Win TV-HVR-1265 NTSC audio problem

Post by jackrippah »

Recently I got a good price on a Dell Optiplex 3020 SFF intel i3 3.4Ghz 8Gb RAM. I really liked the idea that it was small, quiet and had the power to be a good mythtv front and backend. The only issue I saw was the fact that it only has one pci express x1 slot. I need to have at least one analog NTSC tuner to receive one specific cable analog channel. I use HDHomeRun for the rest of the digital channels. Looking around, the only appropriate card I could find was the HVR-1265 which, according to Hauppauge, has a driver that they wrote/support, great. The problem: using the correct (I believe) kernel and MythTV Version : v0.28-2-g15cf421 I can tune to the channel and get the video but I've been unable to get the channel audio. Has anyone succeeded in using this card for NTSC analog tuning ? Any help really appreciated .

uname -a
Linux mythtv-3020 4.4.0-103201712311231-generic #0+mediatree+hauppauge-Ubuntu SMP Sun Dec 31 21:15:04 UTC 2017 x86_\
64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

mythbackend --version
Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v0.28-2-g15cf421
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.28
Network Protocol : 88
Library API : 0.28.20160309-1
QT Version : 5.5.1
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdb us using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

Thanks, Jack