Is there a way to add OTA FM radio.

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rosenhauer
Newcomer
United States of America

Is there a way to add OTA FM radio.

Post by rosenhauer »

I've tried the guide in the following post wiki/Fm_radio#Alternative_.28Only_for_IVTV.29 but have been unable to get it to work. I have a hauppauge pvr-150 card (and a PVR-2250 but apparently there are no linux drivers for the analog part of that card). I was able to get the streams to show when I did a cat /dev/video24 (the device that the PCM audio is supposed to be on) and ivtv-radio seems to work (but this is a headless box with no speakers connected so I'm not positive that it is actually playing).

In the Alternate (Only for IVTV) section I was able to get the scripts to run correctly but in the frontend the channels never show up. From a Kodi frontend I get the channels listed (in with the TV channels) and one time got to hear static/humm. But since that one time I get the "Channel not available" video loop.

Is this guide still applicable to the current release? I'm on the latest Mythbuntu, just installed it over the weekend.
BillK
Senior
United States of America

Re: Is there a way to add OTA FM radio.

Post by BillK »

I've been looking for the same answer. When referring to the "guide" you cited, the first thing to do was:

Code: Select all

# ivtv-radio -s
That app not being installed, I was instructed to install ivtv-utils which I did.

After running it again, I got the following:

Code: Select all

radio: No such file or directory
cannot open /dev/radio0
The "guide" instructed: "if this does not work, please see the [web page] for detail on how to make this work and return here when you have this working.

Unfortunately, the "[web page]" doesn't seem to have anything helpful on it, so I'm stuck.