pctv 292e tripplestick no HD channels in mythtv 29

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

halucigenia
Senior
Great Britain

pctv 292e tripplestick no HD channels in mythtv 29

Post by halucigenia »

My pctv 292e tripplestick does not seem to be able to tune into freeview HD channels in mythtv 29.

It was working in .28.

I am sure that I have scanned freeview HD channels into my channel table using this device after I deleted all channels and all capture cards after upgrading and the freeview HD channels are there but I just can't record from them or watch them on live TV.

My 290e still can tune into freeview HD channels.

For some history on this see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=458&start=15

There was a branch that contained code to support DVB-T2 on tuners that do not auto-switch between DVB-T and DVB-T2 merged into .28.
Have we lost this now?
halucigenia
Senior
Great Britain

Re: pctv 292e tripplestick no HD channels in mythtv 29

Post by halucigenia »

I am sure that I just got it working one time that I did a re-scan but scanned to my freeview source instead of my freview HD source. I scanned twice, once from the HD stick and once from a non HD card. Why that would have worked I don’t know.

I reverted this mistake as I did not want the non HD card trying to record from HD channels and now I can no longer get the HD channels after I thought that I was doing it properly. :roll:

I will try and replicate what I did again and see if it works this time (maybe tomorrow, I have had enough of this for today). I can swap the freeview and the freeview HD sources if it does work.
halucigenia
Senior
Great Britain

Re: pctv 292e tripplestick no HD channels in mythtv 29

Post by halucigenia »

Well, I don't know why but that did work.
I scanned twice, once from the HD stick and once from a non HD card to the same freeview video source.
Then I swapped the freeview and the freeview HD video source names back to what they should be.
I made sure that the freeview SD card input connection was pointing to the SD video source and the freeview HD stick input connection was pointing to the freeview HD video source.

Why that would have worked I really don’t know. :?

Maybe I could have just scanned twice to the freeview HD video source using the freeview HD stick and that would have worked?

Anyway, I will leave it for now as it seems to be working, but time will tell, here's hoping I don't get any missed recordings again.