Newer Supported SD Tuners?

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

karlyn
Newcomer
United States of America

Newer Supported SD Tuners?

Post by karlyn »

Hi all,

I've been a MythTV user for quite a few years. I started off using a PVR-250 and a PVR-500 capturing video from my DirecTV SD tuners ( changing channels using sub/serial adapters ). Over time, my PVR PCI cards have started to become flakey. I have since then tried to move to using HVR-1950 USB based Tuners with varying success. It appears the newer kernel I use, the more often I'm seeing the firmware hang on the 1950's. If I could find an automated way to reset them once a day, I could live with it, but the solution currently eludes me.

I was looking online, and saw that folks are selling the old HD-PVRs used fairly cheap. Even though I don't need the HD portion, they look like a viable alternative to the 1950's. Does anyone know if they are stable with the more current 4.x Linux kernels?

Does anyone have advice on hardware that I might be able to use with the latest Linux Kernels? I think I'm running into a situation where the kernel and the software has moved on, and even though the driver is still there, for my hardware, it isn't very well tested or maintained ( outside of ensuring it compiles ).

I'm currently using MythTV 0.27 Fixes.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks!