HDMI input card

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fastfred
Newcomer
United States of America

HDMI input card

Post by fastfred »

Will this recorder card with HDMI input work with MythTV?

Black Magic Design
DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink

I would like to build a mythTV box for my home.
I use Dish Network as a program provider.
I would like to store our DVD collection and some music.
I would like to network (wired) throughout the house.
Thanks for any and all help.
Gribnif
Junior
United States of America

Re: HDMI input card

Post by Gribnif »

This sounds very interesting. This is one of the few reasonably-priced solutions I've seen that does both HDMI and multichannel audio capture.

While it does have an open API, it would require a bit of work to integrate it into Myth. At least the API is already C++. Another possible route is to use the mediaexpress utility that comes with it to capture the stream and pipe it into Myth; there's not enough detail in their docs to know if this will definitely work or not, though.

Considering that Dish doesn't yet do 4K signals, you could save a few bucks and go with the DeckLink Mini Recorder.
fbacher
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: HDMI input card

Post by fbacher »

I'm hoping that recording from an HDMI capture device has improved since the last post. Is what I want below available?

My cable company is charging too much. I would like to replace my Ceton Infini-TV card with a streaming service to a RoKU, or some such and then capture the HDMI. I would like to record non-HDCP content from the HDMI output of a streaming device. I would like to record using pass-through audio and video. In other words, similar to recording from my Infini-TV, I would like to capture the frame rate and resolution of whatever was broadcast for video, as well as for audio (stereo, 5.1 or 7.1, using whatever the original encoding was broadcast).