MythTV frontend on Odroid C2

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Louis
Newcomer
Denmark

MythTV frontend on Odroid C2

Post by Louis » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi,

I need a new frontend PC and I wondering if I should stick to x86_64 and get a Intel Compute Stick or buy an Odroid C2.

The Ordriod C2 seems to have way better specs (incl. 4K playback) for half the price but I haven't seen anyone yet who run the Mythtv frontend on one of these.

Anyone in there owning an Odroid C2 and has successfully gotten the Mythtv frontend to run? How well did it run?

Also does OpenGL work under Odroid C2?

Not interested in Kodi atm.

AndyInNYC
Junior
United States of America

Re: MythTV frontend on Odroid C2

Post by AndyInNYC » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:44 pm

The ODroid is an S905 or S905x device. I have a comparable box. My box is running LibreElec (and the ODroid does too). This gives me a minimal OS to run Kodi. I have the Myth add-on running under Kodi - this lets me have access to most of the full front end controls - recording, watching, scheduling, etc. I haven't figured out how to delete recordings from this front end yet.

My Vizio has a built-in DLNA client and it lets me watch from the Myth box as well. However, it has such slow seek times that it is pretty much not worth using. The Kodi box is clean, fast and purpose built. It also cost $50 with a remote.

Hope this helps.

Andrew