[SOLVED] IPTV recorder recs?

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hedgehog52
Junior
United States of America

[SOLVED] IPTV recorder recs?

Post by hedgehog52 »

I've used an HDPVR for mythtv for a long time. In fact, I have 2. When I switched to Spectrum cable, I had to get an HDMI converter to feed the HDPVRs. I've gone through one of these cheap converters already, and enough is enough. They just don't last that long. I just finished reading about using an IPTV Recorder (or is it IPTV Encoder, that wasn't clear) when your video feed is HDMI. Is it really as easy as that? Just convert the HDMI to an IPv4 stream? If so, is there an IPTV Recorder that's recommended? Amazon Prime would be a bonus. :)

Bob
Last edited by hedgehog52 on Sat May 14, 2022 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
LinuxGeek28
Junior
United States of America

Re: IPTV recorder recs?

Post by LinuxGeek28 »

Did you find this link: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/IPTV_Encode ... ifications

It offers some models that may work well, along with lots of detail on setup.
hedgehog52
Junior
United States of America

Post by hedgehog52 »

LinuxGeek28 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:49 pm
Did you find this link: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/IPTV_Encode ... ifications

It offers some models that may work well, along with lots of detail on setup.
Thanks for the feedback. It looks like time has marched on and most of those are obsolete. What I could find was on alibaba. I don't want to deal with that. I think I'll just have to pick one on Amazon and hope for the best. The channel change thing is kind of disconcerting. But maybe I can figure it out. It seems like something that should be in MythTV though, just like it is for the HDPVR.
hedgehog52
Junior
United States of America

Post by hedgehog52 »

If my results using an IPTV converter are any indication, they just work if you set them up properly. The only issue with the one I got is that sometimes it takes about a minute after the recording starts until there's a channel change.