Recent Backend Build?

Do you want advice about what hardware to buy for use with MythTV? Ask here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Recent Backend Build?

Post by bill6502 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:04 pm

If restoring the DB is the issue, then (without any logs or detail) is the hostname
on the new box/VM identical to the one the DB backup was made on? If not, then
it will appear as if all old host specific settings are gone.

AnalogBill
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by AnalogBill » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:01 am

Not the same hostname. Running mythconverg_restore.pl --drop_database --create_database --filename /<Put Actual Path Here>/mythconverg-xxxxx.sql.gz reports success, so I run mythconverg_restore.pl --change_hostname --old_hostname="XXXX" --new_hostname="YYYY" with no errors.
However, in the mythconverg settings table I see a lot of old host names, user names etc. Cleaning these manually doesn't improve anything.
Should I build my new box using the old hostname, restore/upgrade from the old database, and change the hostname at that point?

doomedtx
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by doomedtx » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:12 am

MikeB2013 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:34 pm
Assuming you are using an external xmltv grabber e.g. Schedules Direct

I use --no-allatonce on my systems (I have satellite, so there are many channels) with 4GB or 8GB of RAM, without the setting mythfilldatabase even with 8GB RAM takes a very long time to run and seriously overloads the system. Just put --no-allatonce in the List data arguments field using mythtv-setup.
Thanks for the reply. I am using the Schedules Direct xmltv grabber. When I initially set it up, the --no-allatonce option would cause mythfilldatabase to fail. Removing that flag caused it to start working again. Perhaps I need to retry and see if I can pin down why it was failing.