mythfrontend on output to the TV screen

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
erge
Newcomer
Switzerland

mythfrontend on output to the TV screen

Post by erge »

Hi all,

I've been using mythtv since a long time. Got now an issue with my combined BE/FE video playback, I'm based in Switzerland recording with an external SiliconDust HDHR HomeRun.
I have just upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS & MythTV v32 on a system with an Intel NUC Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics.
I can get HD and SD video to playback fine if I am using a Headless System setup.

As soon as I am working local with the Intel NUC hdmi port to get the output to my TV screen then I reach a no output to the TV screen situation.
The complete X11 Server gets unusable no mouse pointer no way to navigate or to start anything on the TV screen. If I am killing the mythwelcome and the 2 mythfrontend processes then I can access the X11 Server and starting or navigate any "other" application.
This situation happens only with the output from mythwelcome/mythfrontend and mythtv-setup all the other output xterm/firefox/xclock from the X11 to the hdmi works perfect.

Thanks, Erich
erge
Newcomer
Switzerland

Re: mythfrontend no output to the TV screen

Post by erge »

Hi all,

I did solve the problem.
After updating the Ubuntu to the "newest" LTS version with do-release-upgrade to 22.04.1 LTS, the mythfrontend GUI output works on the local hdmi output without any problem.
Steve Goodey
Great Britain

Re: mythfrontend on output to the TV screen

Post by Steve Goodey »

If you're happy with the fix could you possibly added [Solved] to the subject line in the first post?

Ta.
Don't forget the Wiki.