Ver 32 Recorded show titles in yellow but no problem with recording

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Ver 32 Recorded show titles in yellow but no problem with recording

Post by bill6502 »

The query results prove that there's only one damaged recording known to the DB.

If you change the word DAMAGED to 720 in the 1st query, you'll probably see a list of
all recordings that Kodi thinks are damaged.

The Kodi MythTV addon version 19.09.9-Matrix got the fix on 5/30/2022. Same for their version 20.2.7-Nexus.

I'd search the Forum for others with the remote frontend connection issue.

Please open a new topic if that doesn't pan out.
rocknrobin72
Junior
United States of America

Post by rocknrobin72 »

Quick update: I was able to get LeanFront Frontend working, but still unable to get Mythfrontend on my Android TV to work. MythFrontend will not connect to any of my instances of the backend I have running and it won't let me get to a menu to add the ip address of the backend. LeanFront will start and I can manually enter the IP address of the backend from the Settings Menu.

As far as recording programs is concerned...On Saturday evening I recorded a program that was not marked in yellow lettering in Kodi, but yet it was very pixelated throughout the whole program so that was damaged to me. I was not able to get the LeanFront Frontend working at that time so I'm not sure how it looked in LeanFront. In addition over the weekend one program I recorded was flagged with the yellow lettering in Kodi and it played fine. I then checked this program in LeanFront and it showed up as a file folder instead of looking like a program ICON and when I tried to select and/or play it I got the same message I had before: Playback failed. Error loading data from the MediaSource. Source Error. Exit. Continue.. Last night I recorded three programs that showed up in yellow lettering in Kodi, but yet play just fine. I then checked LeanFront and it was the same result...the programs showed up looking like a file folder and had the same Playback failed message when I tried to play them.

Somehow I think the new ver. 32 flag or bit that Kodi looks at for damaged recordings is working in reverse as far as Kodi is concerned and if that flag is set it causes the recordings not to play in LeanFront.

Thanks for any and all help.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Probably not reversed, but looking at the wrong bit. I don't know how to get the actual version of the MythTV
plugin, or more importantly it's release date. See earlier posts for the hex values, but Kodi folks implemented
the fix, see 2 posts up.