Ver 32 Recorded show titles in yellow but no problem with recording

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
rocknrobin72
Junior
United States of America

Ver 32 Recorded show titles in yellow but no problem with recording

Post by rocknrobin72 »

I recently upgraded from ver 31 to version 32. I am running a Slackware ver 15 distro with HDHomerun tuners to record off the air. I now see almost all of the recorded shows titles in yellow, not all but most, although I can play the recordings and there seems to be no problem with them. In addition I am not seeing the shows representative pictorial, just a generic icon, on each shows icon on the list of recorded programs. I assume the metadata is not working? Is anyone else experiencing these peculiarities?
rocknrobin72
Junior
United States of America

Re: Ver 32 Recorded show titles in yellow but no problem with recording

Post by rocknrobin72 »

Oh, BTW, the feature of the yellow coloring on the shows titles worked on ver 31, before I upgraded. If the titles were in yellow there would indeed be a problem with the recording.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Are the recordings showing up as damaged seen in mythfrontend and or mythweb?
rocknrobin72
Junior
United States of America

Post by rocknrobin72 »

I just see this behavior in the frontend. I am using the Kodi PVR client which worked just liked it was supposed to in ver 31. I will say that the Kodi PVR client on my Windows home PC says it works for mythtv up to ver 31, but I have the same Kodi setup with PVR client on my Sony Bravia TV and the PVR client on my TV says it works up to MythTV ver. 32. The TV is working just like my home PC, yellow letters on almost every title recorded the icons just show the generic icon after the recording is completed. I noticed while one show was recording last night the icon on that program showed a pictorial actually specific to the episode, but after it recorded just the generic icon remained in its place. I have attached a screen shot of the icons for recordings I did yesterday. The recording for cheers is in yellow, but yet plays ok. The recordings for cheers and Combat show the generic icon while Tour of Duty showed its usual icon after recording. I recorded Combat and Tour of Duty on my other Linux box that is still running ver. 31 and both show their specific show icons as they always have with 31.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Please mention your specific version: mythbackend --version will have it. Also, what theme are you
using on the frontned? i'll try to look at it on mine. There was a change in the SQL "set" where Damaged
and other members are found, but that shows up on mythweb.

See if the recordings that appear OK are in SD while the yellow ones are in HD (another signature of the issue.
rocknrobin72
Junior
United States of America

Post by rocknrobin72 »

Here is the version:

$ mythbackend --version
Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v32.0-7077a824d2e
MythTV Branch : fixes/32
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 32.20200101-1
QT Version : 5.15.3
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_satip using_vbox using_ceton using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_gnutls using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_sqlite3 using_taglib using_v4l2 using_v4l2prime using_x11 using_system_libbluray using_drm using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl using_drm using_vaapi using_nvdec using_vdpau using_waylandextras using_qtprivateheaders using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2
You have new mail in /var/mail/root

I am not sure where to find the theme in this Kodi MythTV PVR client add-on. I checked all the settings and I don't see any mention of the theme. The version is 19.0.3 by Christian Fetzer and Jean-Luc Barriere. There is a beta ver 20 which I did install on another laptop and it still has these peculiarities mentioned.

Pretty much everything I record is off the air with hdhomerun tuners, 2 ea.. Therefore all recordings are SD as I like to record old shows like Tour of Duty, Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock, Gomer Pyle USMC, Perry Mason and Hogan's Heroes. Anything else that is HD from the standard network channels we record on our home cable DVR.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

When you say you see the problem in the frontend are you taking about seeing it in MythTV's mythfrontend?

To be clear the Kodi MythTV PVR is a third party client that has nothing to do with MythTV.
rocknrobin72
Junior
United States of America

Post by rocknrobin72 »

I am talking about using Kodi as the frontend with the MythTV add-on. I understand that the Kodi MythTV PVR is a third party client. I use this for a frontend because I mostly watch recorded programs from MythTV using Kodi on my Sony Bravia TV. I am able to set up recordings or timers, play them back, and delete them using Kodi as the frontend. In addition I get the commercial skips on playback with the Kodi PVR. I use Kodi on my TV because I can't find a "MythTV" frontend in my list of aps for my TV. If you have a suggestion for another frontend that would work on my TV I would be more than open to trying it. The reason I opened this post is that before I upgraded from MythTV ver. 31 to ver. 32 the Kodi frontend was working precisely as advertised. As I mentioned I still have another Slackware box with ver. 31 on it and the Kodi frontend still works fine on it. Therefore I figured there might be an issue in the ver.32 backend since it is new. I would use the Webfrontend but the aps on my TV don't really provide a workable web browser.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

You didn't mention if you upgraded Kodi. Looking at their source, it properly handles the VID_DAMAGED bit
based on the MythTV schema value (DBSchemaVer). With an older version, Kodi looks at the VID_720 bit.

Code: Select all

bool MythProgramInfo::IsDamaged(uint32_t schemaVersion) const
{
  if (schemaVersion >= 1362)
    return ((m_proginfo && (m_proginfo->videoProps & 0x0400)) ? true : false);
  else
    return ((m_proginfo && (m_proginfo->videoProps & 0x0020)) ? true : false);
}
rocknrobin72
Junior
United States of America

Post by rocknrobin72 »

Where I run Kodi on my Sony TV it does updates automatically so it is at the latest version that is out there at the Google Play Store for the TV other than a Beta version. The TV is on ver 19.0.3, but I did upgrade Kodi on a laptop I have to ver 20.2.4, a Beta version, and I am still seeing these issues. I will continue to test on the TV and on the laptop with Kodi ver 20. Thanks for your input bill6502. You are always very helpful.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

It sounds like the version of the Kodi MythTV PVR plugin is too old to contain the necessary changes required for the changes to the program flags so it is looking at the wrong flag for damaged recordings. As Bill said it is likely that any HD recordings will wrongly be marked as damaged in Kodi until you get the newer version which contains the fix. You may be able to get whoever maintains the build you are using to update it?

You mention Google Play Store which suggests you are using Android on your TV in which case you can load the Android build of mythfronend or there is also Peters Leanfront. Neither are available from the PlayStore for legal reasons so you have to sideload them using adb.
rocknrobin72
Junior
United States of America

Post by rocknrobin72 »

I would agree with you but I also mentioned I have a laptop where I have installed Kodi ver 20, a Beta version, and downloaded the MythTV PVR client for it which, as my TV advises, works up to MythTV ver. 32. I would think therefore that at least the Kodi ver 20 on my laptop would have the latest MythTV PVR client. I will however try loading mythfrontend and/or Leanfront to my TV. I will mention I recorded three programs last night and after recording all three had yellow, as if damaged, for the titles, but they all played fine. I recorded two programs during the day however and they showed fine with white titles, as if no damage, and they would not play at all. It almost seems like the playback and the flag for the damaged recordings is working in reverse.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

It was a known issue that was fixed in 19.0.9-Matrix so you would think Kodi 20 should also have the fix :?
https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv/issues/197

Does mythfrontend show them as damaged as well. Maybe the recordings have been marked as damaged. If they have been you can now tweak the values in the settings which determine if new recordings become marked as damaged.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4875&p=23860&hilit ... ing#p23796
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Do the SELECT query here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4875&p=23866&hilit=DAMAGED#p23861

That will display the videoprops masked as DAMAGED on your backend's DB. We need to prove that the 'yellow' is
real or a Kodi issue. Check some of the results to see if Kodi shows them as damaged too.
rocknrobin72
Junior
United States of America

Post by rocknrobin72 »

Okay I ran both the mysql queries you mentioned above with these results.

# mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg -e "SELECT title,chanid,starttime,videoprop FROM recordedprogram WHERE FIND_IN_SET('DAMAGED', videoprop)"
Enter password:
+--------------+--------+---------------------+--------------------+
| title | chanid | starttime | videoprop |
| Tour of Duty | 2274 | 2020-12-20 01:00:00 | WIDESCREEN,DAMAGED |

# mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg -e \
"SELECT LEFT(r.title, 20) AS Title, r.chanid AS ChannelID,
RIGHT(r.starttime, 14) AS 'Start Time', videoprop AS Props
FROM recorded AS r,recordedprogram AS p WHERE r.chanid = p.chanid
AND r.starttime = p.starttime
AND FIND_IN_SET('DAMAGED', p.videoprop) AND r.recgroup != 'Deleted'
ORDER BY r.starttime"
Enter password:
+--------------+-----------+----------------+--------------------+
| Title | ChannelID | Start Time | Props |
| Tour of Duty | 2274 | 12-20 01:00:00 | WIDESCREEN,DAMAGED |

I ran this, but I'm not sure what it did for me as it returned nothing.

curl -H Accept:Application/JSON localhost:6544/Myth/GetSetting?HostName=_GLOBAL_\&Key=MinimumRecordingQuality
{"String": ""}
As far as the recording that was returned as damaged it was indeed damaged although it did not show that way, no yellow lettering, under manage recordings in Kodi. It was very pixelated all through the recording as if the off the air signal was compromised when it tried to record.

I was able to install leanfrontend and mythfrontend via adb to my TV.

I can launch leanfrontend and configure the ip address for the remote backend. It seems to work well with some older recordings, but one I recorded on 06/30/2022, which showed up in yellow, and two I recorded on 07/01/2022 will not play. They show up on the screen looking like file folders instead of the actual individual icons for the show they tried to record. The message when I try to play them is: Playback failed. Error loading data from the MediaSource. Source Error. Exit. Continue.. These three recording play fine in Kodi. Also it does not appear that commercial skips work with leanfrontend or at least they are not marked on the progress line as in Kodi.

As far as mythfrontend is concerned when I launch it it tries to connect, I am assuming to localhost or 127.0.0.1. It fails to connect, I try to click on settings to configure the remote backend address, a message pops up that it is trying to connect again, and then it bombs off with this message: This version of mythtv requires an updated database. (schema is 15 versions behind) Please run mythtv-setup or mythbackend to update your database.. I don't have anything installed as far as mythtv is concerned on the TV other than leanfrontend and mythfrontend. Therefore I don't know what the recordings look like on the mythfronted on my Android TV. Is there a way to get to the config file to set the backend ip address or a way to circumnavigate the initial launch page to get to settings? It looks as if Kodi may be the culprit now, although I still like its user interface other than misleading me on damaged recordings.

I hope I haven't wasted you guys' times as I assume I now need to take these issues to the Kodi forum. I surely would like to get the mythfrontend working on the TV if somebody can explain to me how to configure the remote backend ip address.