Upgrade to version fixes/32 no ssl certificate

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
rocknrobin72
Junior
United States of America

Upgrade to version fixes/32 no ssl certificate

Post by rocknrobin72 »

Hello all. I have been using mythtv ver 31 for some time now and it has worked great for me. I am using a Slackware distro ver 15 as the server. I upgraded to version 32 today and upon starting the backend I see this warning in the backend log:

(InitSSLServer) - SSL: SSL Host key file (/home/mythtv/.mythtv/certificates/key.pem) does not exist or is not readable
I never saw this warning come up in ver 31. I have another Slackware distro still running the previous Mythtv ver 31. I checked in this server and there is no certificates directory in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/ so ver 31 must not have utilized the SSL server or didn't check for it on startup. I checked for instructions online to create and save an SSL certificate for mythtv, but was unable to find one. Is there a place on the MythTV official site that has instructions to do so or is it not necessary if I am not going to use mythweb or access the backend from the outside?
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Upgrade to version fixes/32 no ssl certificate

Post by bill6502 »

I see you're not getting any replies, but please don't double post.

FWIW, I get the warning too, it appears to be harmless. The developer that wrote the commit [c26ad87b]
left the project.

Code: Select all

Note: the following functionality is incomplete and/or missing:-
 - authentication (easy enough)
rocknrobin72
Junior
United States of America

Post by rocknrobin72 »

Thanks bill6502. I apologize for the double post. I could not even find the original post by searching on my userid so I thought it had somehow been lost in the shuffle. Also thanks for the response. I will ignore for now.
jdrescher
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by jdrescher »

Code: Select all

openssl req -newkey rsa:2048 -new -nodes -x509 -days 3650 -keyout key.pem -out cert.pem
https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=000018152