mythmusic and flac tags

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
beaker_
Newcomer
Canada

mythmusic and flac tags

Post by beaker_ » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:49 pm

Fedora 29, myth v30.

upnp serves mp3 & flac music happily but only id3 tags, and not flac vorbis tags are read and sorted through. Would someone tell me if I'm missing a dependency or if mythmusic simply doesn't read flac vorbis tags? Time to convert tags?

paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: mythmusic and flac tags

Post by paulh » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:27 pm

MythMusic should work with flac vorbis tags. It uses TagLib for reading the tags and will try them first and then fall back to ID3 if not found IIRC. The file extension is used to identify flac files and should be .flac

beaker_
Newcomer
Canada

Post by beaker_ » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:43 am

TagLib was already installed and I installed TagLib-extras with no luck. The only hint I can provide is that I rip with grip and use easytag to clean up tags and add album artwork.

I believe nux desktop packages mythtv v29 for CentOS7 so I'll give that a whirl, see if it works out of the box so to speak.

Too much info:

At this moment I suspect I'm fighting myself and don't yet realize it or maybe Fedora's build (python 2 & 3 and rpm build?). I do recall thinking 'scan music' should be in mythfrontend when it wasn't (used mythutil to scan music) so..?

beaker_
Newcomer
Canada

Post by beaker_ » Wed May 01, 2019 12:12 pm

Double post. For the next guy's benefit.

MythTV v29 on CentOS7 parses the vorbis tags just fine. Or atlest I see them in music_albums, music_songs.., tables (testing, haven't added turner and started backend) which wasn't happening in MythTV v30 on Fedora 29. Though I haven't check album art so I might be surprised yet... anyway I have no intentions in identifying why (fedora build, python versions, mythtv v30 itself?). ie., nux-desktop's build works for me and a stable os (centos7) really isn't something I should complain about.