[Solved] v30 Configure Shows "HDHomeRun support - no" - Will My HDHomeRun Tuner Still Work?

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
Vaska
Junior
Canada

[Solved] v30 Configure Shows "HDHomeRun support - no" - Will My HDHomeRun Tuner Still Work?

Post by Vaska » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:25 am

Hi,

I'm on 29-fixes right now and would like to upgrade to 30-fixes. I did a git checkout and ran configure in the mythtv/mythtv folder and it looks like I won't have support for my HDHomeRun tuners? Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I don't want to attempt the upgrade from 29 to 30 only to find out my tuners don't work.

# Input Support
HDHomeRun support no

Does this mean what I think it means or is HDHomeRun support still going to be built into my compile? I downloaded hdhomerun_config_gui_20180817.tgz, did a configure, make, make install and ldconfig, but the configure in mythtv/mythtv still results in "HDHomeRun support no".

Anyone have any insight into this please?

Thanks,
Vaska.
Last edited by Vaska on Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: v30 Configure Shows "HDHomeRun support - no" - Will My HDHomeRun Tuner Still Work?

Post by paulh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:00 am

You probably need to install libhdhomerun-dev.

We used to have our own copy of that library in our source repo but we now use the system installed library instead.

Vaska
Junior
Canada

Post by Vaska » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:56 am

Thanks paulh. I'm on Gentoo. I created /usr/include/hdhomerun and copied all the .h files from the contents of libhdhomerun_20180817.tgz into this new folder. I also had to make and then make install hdhomerun_config_gui_20180817.tgz, but then after that the configure script showed I had HDHomeRun support.

I compiled and installed 30-fixes and it is working well.

Thanks again,
Vaska.