Migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
wilberfan
Junior
United States of America

Migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit

Post by wilberfan »

Effective recently, Arch Linux is no longer supporting the 32bit architecture. I'm considering upgrading my tower to 64-bit (which I'll probably have to do eventually anyway).

I essentially only use it as my myth front and backend. I don't record anything with it, it's strictly for playback of DL'd video.

It's literally been YEARS since I set it up, and I'd love to avoid having to reclimb that Learning Curve. Is there a way to migrate all my settings, config files, etc, etc, from the old setup to the new setup? I know I'll have to re-install Arch (and the 64-bit mythtv, lirc, etc, binaries)--I'm just hoping to be able to copy/transfer all the under-the-hood stuff that's worked so beautifully for years.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit

Post by bill6502 »

There is, you backup and restore the DB. Take a look at this:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backup_your_database
wilberfan
Junior
United States of America

Post by wilberfan »

bill6502 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:27 pm
There is, you backup and restore the DB. Take a look at this:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backup_your_database
Excellent! And that takes care of all of those frontend playback settings that I've long since forgotten why I selected them (but work)? ;)
stuarta
Developer
Great Britain

Post by stuarta »

wilberfan wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:29 pm
Excellent! And that takes care of all of those frontend playback settings that I've long since forgotten why I selected them (but work)? ;)
Yep, they are stored in the database. Just make sure you keep the hostnames the same :)