Problems skipping

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
South Oz
Newcomer
Australia

Problems skipping

Post by South Oz »

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I searched but could not find anything pertaining to this problem I'm having.
Previously recorded files, skip forward and back okay.
BUT
If I'm watching a file while it is still recording, as in catch up mode I guess you could say, it will skip forward 10 minutes, 30 seconds etc okay, but then it will reach a point where it will not skip any further. You will still be 'behind' as it were but you will not advance, not be able to skip through a commercial break for example. The only way to get around this is to save the bookmark by pressing enter, exiting back to the list of your recordings and entering that file again. You will then be at your saved bookmark, where, for a time anyway, you will regain the ability to skip. You will no doubt have the problem again, so you are always saving bookmarks, exiting and re-entering.
Very frustrating, any ideas?
Cheers

2.0.27.0 btw
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Re: Problems skipping

Post by pvr4me »

It appears you are running MythTV 0.27.0? If so, that is a very old version. The 0.27 branch got up to 0.27.6 and 0.28 has been out for over a year.

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
perkins1724
Junior
Australia

Re: Problems skipping

Post by perkins1724 »

I agree with updating. There were quite a lot of LiveTV improvements (big improvements and a lot of significant changes) during the time of 0.27 so upgrading to at least fixes/0.27 (27.6) would be required.