IP and variable entries

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
gpharos
Newcomer
United States of America

IP and variable entries

Post by gpharos »

Just installed mythtv master-backend with no FE using version .27.6 on a new 14.04 ubuntu installation. (Arm processor) Everything came up and seemed to be working fine until I was reading the setup instructions and I needed to change the master-backend IP address from localhost (127.0.0.1) to the actual server IP since I was going to use multiple kodi devices on the network as my TV FE's. From my notebook I used the mythweb and found the master-backend server IP set to 127.0.0.1 and I changed the IP to the server address that is is on 192.168.1.119. I fat fingered the server IP address and it should have been .118 not .119. Well now I am getting errors that it is "Unable to connect to the the master-backend at 192.168.1.119:6543 and is it running).

I have been looking for the config file where I could change it to the right server address but cannot setup files are located. Looked through mythweb.xml, mythtv xml files and the hidden mythtv user files the only thing found was the ports.

Where are the variables from mythweb tv configuration stored?

Thank you for your assistance.

Backend Status from mythweb interface:
Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/status/handler.php, line 32:
!!NoTrans: file_get_contents(http://192.168.1.119:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML): failed to open stream: No route to host!!

PS. I would hate to remove and re-install if I don not have to.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: IP and variable entries

Post by bill6502 »

Hi,

The preferred solution is to start mythtv-setup on the backend. The settings can be changed
there. Be sure to change both instances of the address in order for the backend to run as a
master.

These settings are stored in a database (mythconverg) in the settings table.