kodi channel unavailable

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
shoelesshunter
Junior
United States of America

kodi channel unavailable

Post by shoelesshunter »

I am using Myth 0.28 on Ubuntu 16.10

I am trying to use the kodi add-om, but each channel says "channel unavailable."

This worked on my Arch instillation., but on Ubuntu, I get no such luck.
MikeB2013
Senior
Great Britain

Re: kodi channel unavailable

Post by MikeB2013 »

As a wild guess, as you have not provided any information on Kodi version, pvr.mythtv addon version, mythbackend version or what tuners you have in mythbackend.

Channel Unavailable is usually caused by a timeout (default 5 seconds) when tuning to a channel.

In Kodi pvr.mythtv addon Advanced Tab try increasing the "Tuning delay (sec)" value to say 10 seconds, this is usually enough but it does depend on what tuners you have in the associated mythtv backend. Note you should restart Kodi after changing the value.

Mike
shoelesshunter
Junior
United States of America

Post by shoelesshunter »

Kodi 17
Mythtv 0.28
kodi mythtv pvr addon 13
tuner: InfiniTV 4 PCIe

I suspected that the tuning timeout was the problem, buy I have it set to 55 seconds, and I still get no channels. Mythfrontend works fine, the addon is the real issue.

thanks!
MikeB2013
Senior
Great Britain

Post by MikeB2013 »

I am confused!

"kodi mythtv pvr addon 13" I don't recognize that version number, for Kodi Krypton it should be of the form 4.12.7 (if installed from Krypton repository), although the latest version is 4.15.0 (if installed from janbar repository - ppa:jlbarriere68/ppa). Irrespective of the version number, the maximum setting for "Tuning delay (sec)" in pvr.mythtv is 30 seconds. I presume the 55 seconds you mention is a mythtv backend setting, which seems very high, although I don't know about InfiniTV 4 PCIe tuners, maybe someone who knows about this tuner can comment.

For Kodi and mythtv version numbers you really need to do in a terminal:
kodi --version
mythbackend --version

These commands will give the actual build version numbers

Mike
shoelesshunter
Junior
United States of America

Re: kodi channel unavailable [solved]

Post by shoelesshunter »

I made it work by configuring the mythtv addon to *not* limit attempts to tune a channel.
shoelesshunter
Junior
United States of America

Post by shoelesshunter »

kodi 16.1

mythtv 0.28

I am back to the blue screen that says "Channel unavailable" Channels tune fine in mythfrontend, but fail in kodi.
DigitalBerg
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by DigitalBerg »

Upgrade or reinstall the repositories from the Kodi' s addons.
prasad1
Newcomer
India

Post by prasad1 »

For no stream available we have pretty easy solutions, before i used to face no streaming available , not working and Failed To Install A Dependency Error. at that time i found solution for all my addons and placenta addon error as well here the solution https://kodiblog.com/placenta-addon-not-working/ in this article 2nd method working very good.
Last edited by Steve Goodey on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL modified.
Kellystewart
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by Kellystewart »

It is a different thing overall when your video stops while watching it, or plays but buffers periodically, hindering the entire entertainment experience. Here's the Kodi Services for the various problems that cause the issue, and how to fix them.