Storage problems

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
johna1954
Newcomer
Great Britain

Storage problems

Post by johna1954 »

Hi Everyone,
I have used MythTV for a number of years with varying degrees of success and recently on my Debian Stretch server was working great with a Kodi frontend. My computer crashed recently and a complete reinstall was carried out.
I have a separate 2Tb hard (MythStorage) drive to store the recorded programmes with a 250Gb SSD for the O/S and a 2Tb drive for the 'Home' folder.
The problem I have is that for some reason a separate folder called MythStorage is created on the SSD which I can only see in /media/john/ into which the recordings go. The other weird thing is that it takes the name of the hard drive (MythStorage) and changes the 2Tb drive to MythStorage1. The storage locations in MythTV are unchanged.
I updated the storage settings and deleted the unwanted drive and all was ok until the following day and found that the extra folder on the SSD has been recreated (MythStorage) with one sub folder 'bannerart' which has one .jpg file, the other drive seems to be unaffected (MythStorage1)

The rebuilt computer was setup as before (separate drives) with MythTV version 0.28

Really confused and would appreciate any suggestions.

John
MikeB2013
Senior
Great Britain

Re: Storage problems

Post by MikeB2013 »

I am really guessing here, from your description it maybe that one of the drives is being automounted (the one you are seeing in /media/john/). What mount point have you specified for drive MythStorage ?

Can you post the contents of file /etc/fstab , the contents of running "sudo blkid" in a terminal and the contents of running "df -h" in a terminal, this will give details of all your drives and mount points. I suggest you do this immediately after a reboot.

Mike
johna1954
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by johna1954 »

Hi Mike,
Many thanks for your quick reply.
Following your comments I checked in 'Disks' and saw that indeed drive was 'automounted'. I have changed these settings with '/MythStorage1' for the mount point and will see what happens (or hopefully not).

John
johna1954
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by johna1954 »

Quick update. All now seems to be working ok. Again my thanks Mike for your prompt reply and solution.

John